Author Topic: Behold the new face of the Taliban!!!  (Read 2270 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Behold the new face of the Taliban!!!
« on: July 06, 2007, 09:54:54 AM »

According to British newspaper The Times, METALLICA frontman James Hetfield was temporarily detained by security officials at a British airport. Hetfield jetted into Luton airport ahead of Saturday's (July 7) Live Earth London gig — where his band is performing — but was stopped by officials before he could leave the terminal. The Times claims Hetfield's friends blame his "Taliban-like beard" for the interrogation.

METALLICA will join the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, FOO FIGHTERS and others at London's Live Earth concert on July 7 before headlining Wembley Stadium on July 8.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=27291

========================================================

This world just gets weirder and weirder...
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Paddy

Re: Behold the new face of the Taliban!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 09:56:27 AM »
Well, he is a screaming beard.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 11:24:53 AM »
Osama bin-Rockin'   

Huh?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

crt360

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007, 11:25:50 AM »
Metalliban

laugh
For entertainment purposes only.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 12:17:15 PM »
What is it with the white underclass growing facial hair like the Amish or Mennonites?

Everytime I see Kenny or Jimmy in court with the stupid facial hair, I ask them, "Hey, Yoder, how's the farm?" grin
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 12:24:40 PM »
The Times claims Hetfield's friends blame his "Taliban-like beard" for the interrogation.

Why are we talking about a rumor started by some pot-head's pot-head friends?  Or am I being prejudicial?   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Paddy

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 12:31:28 PM »
What is it with the white underclass growing facial hair like the Amish or Mennonites?
eh, hardly 'underclass'.  The guy is no doubt worth multiple millions.

onions!

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »
I wish I could grow a beard.

That I'd at least have some hair on my head.

Paddy

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 02:03:46 PM »
I wish I could grow a beard.

That I'd at least have some hair on my head.
We'll just call you 'cueball' from now on.

Too late.  It's already stuck.  laugh

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 02:26:07 PM »

"Class" has little to do with money.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

The Viking

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »

"Class" has little to do with money.
Paris Hilton and Britney Spears being prime examples of pure white trash...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 03:55:29 PM »
I don't know if I would say that.  They are just what happens when really immature people have lots of money.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

armchair warrior

• friends
  • QuickDraw on THR
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 04:32:12 PM »
James Hetfield is clean and sober,has been for a while.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 01:40:31 AM »
Authority pisses me off. I think everyone should be able to drink and get loud whenever they want... Call it anarchy of whatever you want to--there's times when you wanna be able to do whatever the f*** you want and, y'know, life's short, so why shouldn't you? ~James Hetfield

How's that for the libertarian mind-set?  smiley

Why are we talking about a rumor started by some pot-head's pot-head friends?  Or am I being prejudicial?  smiley
Source?  Last I heard, his major vice was alcohol, and he's been dry for years.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 03:24:48 AM »
OK, so he's not a pot-head, then.  The point is that the terrorism angle, according to the article, is just a rumor started by his friends.  And why would I take their word for anything?  For all we know, he might have been carrying some fruit in his luggage. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 04:52:27 AM »
Last I heard, Hetfield is quite an outdoorsman, as well.

I saw them in concert in... '87? Great show.

Haven't really paid attention to them since "Garage Days Revisited", though.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 11:46:24 AM »
When they stopped doing drugs and stopped hating each other their music started to suck.

I'm starting the Metallica on Drugs movement right now, who's with me?
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Ron

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 01:09:46 PM »
When they stopped doing drugs and stopped hating each other their music started to suck.

I watched the movie they made while on tour. What a bunch of self absorbed, self important ninnies.

Not much of their music holds my attention after And Justice For All.

Master Of Puppets is brilliant (for metal).

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 01:19:19 PM »
Riley, to the contrary, Metallica is the epitome to the White Trash lifestyle that is thrown in our faces today.  I hear it over and over on the drunk driving cam.

Some days I see nothing but Metallica t-shirts, stupid facial hair and dead eyes.  A sea of dead eyes.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 07:36:16 AM »
Don't tell anyone I said this but Metallica SUCKS!!  cheesy

Whenever I heard the won a friggin Grammy or whatever, album of the year IIRC, I knew the music industry was grabbing at straws if that was the best they had. Kaaak...

grin

Avoid cliches like the plague!

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2007, 07:55:33 AM »
Don't tell anyone I said this but Metallica SUCKS!!

BLASPHEMY!!!   grin

Anything past the Black Ablum (for which they won their third Grammy) is of little interest to me.  My musical tastes have changed and I find most of that genera to just so much cacophonous noise anymore.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2007, 11:08:04 AM »
I'm sorry, the rest of the band is ok but that dude just can NOT sing, his voice just annoys me.  cheesy
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2007, 12:59:53 PM »
I liked *ONE* song on the Load album (post Black)

I bought Reload, but only for Unforgiven 2 (there were a couple more good songs like Low Man's Lyric,) but overall, they're not the same band they were years ago.  Others say "They've grown musically."  I say 'They've grown old. "

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 03:39:32 AM »

No, they started to suck after Cliff Burton died.  He was the mastermind behind the good lyrics and music that came with Master of Puppets and And Justice for All.  He actually had formal training in classical music I think.  Which would explain the wonderful works of the Master and Justice Albums.  Real good stuff there.  I like anything before the Black album personally.  It's the only Metallica I still listen too.

The Black album was an "oh *expletive deleted*it" we need a real music producer now.  Of course they chose someone who didn't know anything about Metallica and just wanted to drop them into the top 40 slots.

I've been to a show back in 94 (post Burton) and they still rocked the house real hard.  Now when they come to town, I don't even bother.  They have enough money and I'd rather support someone else.  They were really about the only band in that genre of music that had ANY real talent.  And when they lost Cliff Burton, they did not have any more writing or musical composing talent.  I sure wish they'd find another guy like Cliff.  It's a shame to listen the Kurt play the crap he does now when you've heard what he's capable of playing in their Burton era stuff.
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul