Author Topic: Chicago Police demand Prosecutor's resignation  (Read 1230 times)

dogmush

• friend
Chicago Police demand Prosecutor's resignation
« on: April 07, 2019, 05:20:02 PM »
This video popped up on my video feed this afternoon.  It's from the 4th, but I didn't see us talking about it.

It appears the relationship between the cops and prosecutors in Chicagoland has fallen even farther apart.  Smullet was apparently the last straw.  Obviously an FOP vote isn't binding on anyone, but it's a pretty public slap, and it shows that they are willing to air their laundry.

One of the comments pointed out:
When Chicago police wanna say you're corrupt then you have a big problem.

I'm not sure exactly how the Chicago machine works, but I'll bet if someone stirs up the folks enough, they'll be removed.

Video or press conference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr9sJS36EiQ

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Chicago Police demand Prosecutor's resignation
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 09:21:34 PM »
Absolutely devastating.  I recommend watching the whole 25 minutes.  Note how some of the questioners wanted to put the problem on a political basis, and how the key speaker parried that.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 09:25:25 PM »
Wow!

That's not just the union and a bunch of rank-and-file officers. That's a WHOLE bunch o' guys with stars and birds on their lapels.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 09:34:27 PM »
You know what the left and the media will see in that video?
Not one black officer and not one female officer.
They will not see anything else.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 10:51:28 PM »

Toxic white men.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 11:01:30 PM »
yep
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 12:42:48 AM »

It's funny, I never noticed that.  I guess I'd better wake up my woke.

Odd how all this hyper-egality is making me conscious of race and gender when I wasn't before.  Dumbass me.

But I think all of them were elected to the leadership of their respective organizations by their rank and file, no?

Terry
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2019, 06:49:41 AM »

But I think all of them were elected to the leadership of their respective organizations by their rank and file, no?

I don't think so. The press conference was organized by the FOP (Fraternal Order of Police), which is a rank-and-file organization, but the people standing up on the stage were the chiefs of the 100 or so municipal police departments in Cook County. Apparently the departments other than Chicago are broken down into three regional groups, and the three men who spoke are the heads of the three regional chiefs' organizations. Police chiefs aren't elected by their rank-and-file officers, they are typically appointed by their municipality's chief elected officer. As the heads of the three regional chiefs associations, I assume they were elected by their fellow chiefs, not by the rank-and-file officers.

They were there not as FOP members (although they may be members of the FOP) but to demonstrate solidarity with the FOP. The FOP had taken a vote of no confidence, and each of the three regional chiefs associations also too votes of no confidence. The dog and pony show was to show the media that the FOP and the chiefs associations are in agreement on the issue.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 11:01:43 AM »
They're so predictable

U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, activist Ja’Mal Green, [Jesse] Jackson and a group of other Foxx supporters blamed the city’s Fraternal Order of Police for a Monday confrontation over the Smollett case that displayed some of the city’s racial and political divisions. “The FOP is the sworn enemy of black people, the sworn enemy of black people,” said Rush, who drew criticism in the city’s mayoral election when he suggested supporters of Mayor-elect Lori Lightfoot would have the blood of African-American youth killed by the police on their hands. “The FOP has always taken the position that black people can be shot down in the street by members of the Chicago Police Department, and suffer no consequences,” Rush said, as an aide approached Foxx and the state’s attorney stepped out of television cameras’ view. “Let’s be clear: Kim Foxx, her battle, is with the FOP and all of their cohorts.”

Disgusting: Kim Foxx Defenders Smear Chicago Cops as 'Blue Klux Klan,' Racists
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2019/04/08/amid-smollett-firestorm-kim-foxx-defenders-call-chicago-cops-blue-klux-klan-n2544394
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 12:21:31 PM »
Jussie Smollet was just out buying Subway sandwiches and Skittles when he was forced to fake a hate crime by two Nigerian henchmen of the Blue Klux Klan.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »
The problem is we don’t have enough diversity.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 10:23:35 AM »
I suspect Chicago's murder rate is about to go up again, as police decide it isn't worth it to do their jobs.