Author Topic: A Gun Nut's Guide to Gun Control  (Read 3315 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: A Gun Nut's Guide to Gun Control
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2018, 01:44:22 PM »
Teaching your child how to shoot a semi-automatic would automatically make him a felon.

Teaching any new shooter on a semi-automatic makes them a felon.

Getting new shooters involved with firearms becomes highly regulated and difficult, necessarily decreasing the number of new shooters. This is a scheme designed to turn owning guns into the niche hobby that NFA owners/shooters are.

I.e. it's about killing the gun culture over the long term.

No.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2018, 04:38:39 PM »
My theoretical theory on that is we assume a person is law abiding and non-violent until he proves otherwise.  Then we take away his rights.

But of course, that would be harking back to the days of old before all the pre-emptive right-taking came about in modern politics.

Terry, 230RN
So how about this - driver's licenses (or state ID cards) are cross referenced with criminal records, with a big CVF ("Convicted Violent Felon") on the driver's licenses of convicted violent felons. Everyone without a "CVF" can buy anything they want, where ever and when ever they want? (The alternative is to keep the proven bad guys in jail and just not let them run around loose.)

I'd also include criteria for disqualifying people who are mentally ill, but seeing as I put the pill pushing quacks of modern psychiatry (who'd no doubt be making that determination) on a par with astrologers and phrenologists, I wouldn't have much confidence in the results.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

brimic

• friends
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2018, 04:45:33 PM »
A 'gun nut's' (me) perspective to reasonable gun control:
-Repeal the Hughes Amendment.
-Repeal the Gun Control Act of 1968
-Repeal the National Firearms act of 1934

Nothing else is 'reasonable.'
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2018, 05:37:32 AM »
So how about this - driver's licenses (or state ID cards) are cross referenced with criminal records, with a big CVF ("Convicted Violent Felon") on the driver's licenses of convicted violent felons. Everyone without a "CVF" can buy anything they want, where ever and when ever they want? (The alternative is to keep the proven bad guys in jail and just not let them run around loose.)

I'd also include criteria for disqualifying people who are mentally ill, but seeing as I put the pill pushing quacks of modern psychiatry (who'd no doubt be making that determination) on a par with astrologers and phrenologists, I wouldn't have much confidence in the results.

How about this: every free person at least 18 years of age can buy whatever they can afford, no questions asked.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2018, 07:36:32 AM »
How about this: every free person at least 18 years of age can buy whatever they can afford, no questions asked.
Fly320s for Supreme Court!