Author Topic: Really, really cheap source for printed USB thumb/flash drives?  (Read 876 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Thinking of buying a few for some handouts... (I tend to deal in BIG files...)

Blog under construction

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Really, really cheap source for printed USB thumb/flash drives?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 11:56:39 PM »
They're very cheap direct from Hong Kong, ($4 for a 512mb, $7 for a 1gb) and can be silkscreen printed, but you have to order lots of at least 500 to get a deal. It's best to choose a company that regularly attends tradeshows like ceBIT and such, so they're not a fly-by-night.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 10:07:28 AM »
How about printing some see-through labels with your logo?  Size them to fit on a thumb drive of your choice.  Choose a drive with a pleasing color scheme that has a blank side to attach your label.
Doing it this way opens your options a bit, gives you a wider range of drives to select from.
Maybe you can get a bulk purchase deal from someone.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »
DOH... Yeah, I can do the printing... A little permanent cast vinyl, and I'm there...

Blog under construction

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 09:46:25 AM »
Thinking of buying a few for some handouts... (I tend to deal in BIG files...)

Just don't do what one company did.  They were handing out 32 meg (yes, with an M) thumb drives.  Their marketting people should have been slapped upside the head.  Instead of handing out something decent for maybe 25 cents more, everyone just binned the damn things instead.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 02:40:19 PM »
Small capacity ones are good if they contain a presentation you're trying to get people to watch. People will keep it as-is. If you give them a 5mb video on a 1gb drive, they're just going to wipe the presenation and use it for their own use.

As a premium, yes, you'd want to give a decent one.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 05:42:54 PM »
Small capacity ones are good if they contain a presentation you're trying to get people to watch. People will keep it as-is. If you give them a 5mb video on a 1gb drive, they're just going to wipe the presenation and use it for their own use.

As a premium, yes, you'd want to give a decent one.

Assure you, people are just going to chuck it in the bin.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 09:50:19 PM »
Yeah, but a quarter's still worth dealing with, and doesn't run all that much more than the micromegs...

Blog under construction