Author Topic: now THIS is a union  (Read 1948 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
now THIS is a union
« on: October 01, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »
http://times247.com/articles/mich-teachers-union-lax-on-selling-drugs-to-kids

A union labor contract agreed to by the Bay City Public Schools school board and local teachers' union permits educators to to sell drugs to students two times before being fired.

In fact, as Michigan Capitol Confidential first reported last week, teachers are able to come to school drunk up to five times before they can be fired. It lets them teach while high on drugs up the three times before dismissal.

The contract states ... that the first offense of a misdemeanor sale of tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs results in three day unpaid suspension and mandatory counseling. It is only after the second violation that the teacher could be fired.

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/mich-teachers-union-lax-on-selling-drugs-to-kids#ixzz284XKxRF7
   not the onion
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: now THIS is a union
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 02:24:39 PM »
I wonder if the seller would lose his/her teaching license on the first offense.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 02:27:01 PM »
this is michigan

the state where parents caring for disabled kids are called state employees and the unions get to dock their checks for dues. 32 mill so far
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »
this is michigan

the state where parents caring for disabled kids are called state employees and the unions get to dock their checks for dues. 32 mill so far

Ooops, sorry forgot that little fact.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 03:00:32 PM »
What would happen if a student - not so much as sold drugs, but gave a painkiller pill to another student who had a headache?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »
What would happen if a student - not so much as sold drugs, but gave a painkiller pill to another student who had a headache?

Expulsion, and lifetime felony record  :police:

You silly - tolerance is for masters teachers, zero-tolerance for students  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »
Expulsion, and lifetime felony record  :police:

You silly - tolerance is for masters teachers, zero-tolerance for students  non union members>:D

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 03:38:32 PM »
this is michigan

Huh?

Is the state paying people to take care of their own disabled kids? Some sort of welfare program?  ???
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 03:42:57 PM »
Huh?

Is the state paying people to take care of their own disabled kids? Some sort of welfare program?  ???

Hank,
See this: http://washingtonexaminer.com/granholm-didnt-clown-around-when-paying-off-unions/article/2507455#.UGnyDE3A8RA

Under Granholm, Michigan classified all parents who care for their own severely disabled children at home as state employees if they use Medicaid funds to do so. The designation did not confer any benefits upon parents, but it did allow the SEIU to garnish union dues from their Medicaid checks. Granholm and the unions thus figured out a way to redirect money that should be going to care for the poor to support union political causes instead.

Oh...This page has a skim meter: http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/16001

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:46:53 PM by adively »

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 03:49:34 PM »
Huh?

Is the state paying people to take care of their own disabled kids? Some sort of welfare program?  ???

New Jersey does that, but the couple that I knew about had adopted the disabled boy.

Sounds like a scam, but I wouldn't do what they do.  She had to cath him just so he could pee  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 05:11:19 PM »
Huh?

Many even upper middle class families are eligible for state and federal benefits if their kids are disabled to a certain point.  And the Unions show their true colors by getting that loophole into the union laws and automatically docking the benefit pay of parent-caretakers.  Truly disgusting.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

birdman

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 06:20:26 PM »
Is an "incident" getting caught, or verified individual sales?  If the former, selling drugs to students as a teach seems highly profitable.

And the more disturbing question, do the union rules require the teacher caught the first time (and thus, hopefully in JAIL) to continue to be paid?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 07:55:41 PM »
Well, look at it this way: wouldn't you rather have your kids buying drugs from their teachers, than from some creepy drug dealer out on the street?

=D

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 05:23:37 PM »
Well, look at it this way: wouldn't you rather have your kids buying drugs from their teachers, than from some creepy drug dealer out on the street?

=D

Buy the whole package, get an A!
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 06:14:38 PM »
you think that clause is baD?  page 91 is worse in many ways