Author Topic: Trump vs. Moonbeam  (Read 2309 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Trump vs. Moonbeam
« on: March 31, 2018, 10:44:01 AM »
California Governor Brown has pardoned illegal aliens who were convicted of felonies as a way of trying to derail deportation procedings. The Governor claims President Trump of "basically going to war" with California over immigration policy.

http://www.newser.com/story/257283/jerry-browns-move-challenges-white-house-on-deportations.html

Time out! I didn't know that California had seceded from the United States and is now a sovereign nation. Note to Governor Brown -- there can be no war between California and the federal government over immigration policy, because immigration is under the purview of the federal government, not the individual states.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Trump vs. Moonbeam
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 12:38:52 PM »
California Governor Brown has pardoned illegal aliens who were convicted of felonies as a way of trying to derail deportation procedings. The Governor claims President Trump of "basically going to war" with California over immigration policy.

http://www.newser.com/story/257283/jerry-browns-move-challenges-white-house-on-deportations.html

Time out! I didn't know that California had seceded from the United States and is now a sovereign nation. Note to Governor Brown -- there can be no war between California and the federal government over immigration policy, because immigration is under the purview of the federal government, not the individual states.

You know that.
I know that.
Do you think Moonbeam even cares? >:D

Because, I dont.  SCOTUS will have to extinguish Moonbeam.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 09:19:10 AM »
I keep saying that ICE should pull completely out of California -- all agents, all support, all enforcement, and set up on the borders of California and enforce immigration law there to keep California's illegals from spreading into the rest of the country. And should reduce Federal law enforcement efforts significantly, as well.

And, since California seems to love their illegals so very much, deport criminal illegals not back to their home nation, but to California.

If necessary, built a wall around California.

"What, you're overwhelmed by crime committed by your 'citizens'? That sounds like an internal state problem to us.

Of course, when I posted that suggestion on my FB page, some of the people on my friends list went apeshit. "Oh! You're so horrible and mean! You have no compassion!"

OK, do YOU have enough compassion to sponsor, say, one of the many illegals who have allegedly committed rapes? Put them up in your home? You're a single female with a big house, you could probably sponsor half a dozen or more.

No? Well where's your compassion?

Isn't it so very amusing that so many liberals are well, liberals, until they're called on to back up their beliefs with concrete actions?

Then they're very, VERY uncompassionate AND very conservative...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 01:33:14 PM »
Speaking of illegals there is a Camp of the Saints type moment about to arrive. When this is successful then it will be repeated

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/a-huge-caravan-of-central-americans-is-headed-for-the-us?utm_term=.ey8oa0mE3#.pmgLQ9RM1

Readers of Bracken's Foreign Enemies will draw similarities too
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2018, 01:33:59 PM »
You DO know I have to quote ya yet again, right?
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 02:37:27 PM »
Speaking of illegals there is a Camp of the Saints type moment about to arrive. When this is successful then it will be repeated

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adolfoflores/a-huge-caravan-of-central-americans-is-headed-for-the-us?utm_term=.ey8oa0mE3#.pmgLQ9RM1

"No one in Mexico dares stop them."

That should read "no one in Mexico wants to stop them". As usual, Mexico is happy to shuffle everyone through their country and not deal with them. Once these people get to the US/Mexico border, Mexico will start shouting about how mean we are for not taking these poor refugees in.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »

This is when the United States needs to deploy the Army and the Marines along the border. What's the point of having a Department of Defense if they don't defend the border? This is an invasion, and IMHO posse comitatus should not apply. Rejecting these people at the border has nothing to do with enforcing domestic, internal criminal laws -- this is about protecting our borders.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

Quote from: Wikipedia
The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. The purpose of the act – in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807 – is to limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States. It was passed as an amendment to an army appropriation bill following the end of Reconstruction, and was subsequently updated in 1956 and 1981.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 08:10:40 PM »
And at the same time roll out the corp of engineers to build the wall using DOD money. Boom bypass congress and get it done.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 11:49:00 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of establishing the first 500 meters on our side of the border as a free fire zone -- if it moves, light it up.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »
I'm surprised that Trump hasn't simply imposed at 25% tariff on all money transfers to points south... That would make Mexico pay for the wall.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 10:41:03 AM »
This is when the United States needs to deploy the Army and the Marines along the border. What's the point of having a Department of Defense if they don't defend the border? This is an invasion, and IMHO posse comitatus should not apply. Rejecting these people at the border has nothing to do with enforcing domestic, internal criminal laws -- this is about protecting our borders.

Protecting the borders is certainly within the DOD's purview.

I have said before, and will say again: The military is not cops.  We shoot and blow things up.  We are very good at many things and can branch out from our mission in some cases, but do not forget that what we do, at it's base level, is kill people.

Therefore:  Do not deploy the military unless you want us to kill people.  That's our mission.  If you want these migrants rounded up and herded to centers for processing and deportation, that's law enforcement and ICE and Border Patrol are over there.  ---->

I do not think we are at a point in this country where Americans are ready to see unarmed folks in civilian clothes shot and/or blown up on our border broadcast live on CNN.  That being the case, don't send the folks that shoot and/or blow people up.

This is still a law enforcement issue until it REALLY isn't.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 11:06:26 AM »
I'm surprised that Trump hasn't simply imposed at 25% tariff on all money transfers to points south... That would make Mexico pay for the wall.

Sound like a great idea- except I doubt Trump can do that unilaterally.

Wish Congress would.  But we all know why that won't happen.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 11:50:28 AM »
Sound like a great idea- except I doubt Trump can do that unilaterally.

Wish Congress would.  But we all know why that won't happen.

If he can impose Steel and Aluminum tariffs, he should be able to impose money transfer/wire tariffs....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 01:23:26 PM »
If he can impose Steel and Aluminum tariffs, he should be able to impose money transfer/wire tariffs....

I hope you are right.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 01:55:06 PM »
This is when the United States needs to deploy the Army and the Marines along the border. What's the point of having a Department of Defense if they don't defend the border?

Apparently, Trump heard you.

https://apnews.com/ba7d6bd7df9f4557933bbfa3187f0235/Trump-wants-military-to-secure-border-with-Mexico

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Tuesday he wants to use the military to secure the U.S.-Mexico border until his promised border wall is built.

Speaking at a lunch with Baltic leaders, Trump said he’d already discussed the idea with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.

“We are going to be guarding our border with the military,” Trump said, calling the measure a “big step.”
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 02:05:01 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 02:30:20 PM »
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=11378.0   ???

IIRC, Jerry gave himself that nickname when he was dating Linda Ronstadt.   A Self-inflicted/imposed nickname passes APS Muster.  Same as if some referred to "The Donald".

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2018, 02:36:07 PM »
Does that mean it's OK to call Obama "Barry"?

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2018, 02:41:15 PM »
I stand corrected.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/weekinreview/07mckinley.html

As regards Barry Soetoro.  Yes, that was also a self imposed name. 

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2018, 03:39:22 PM »
I stand corrected.

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/07/weekinreview/07mckinley.html

As regards Barry Soetoro.  Yes, that was also a self imposed name. 

OK, because I once called Obamacare "Barrycare," and was told that was against the nickname rule. Which is also odd, because Obamacare is a sort of nickname, anyway, but it was always allowed.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2018, 04:46:06 PM »
It appears that I have sinned. In my defense, I submit that I, too, thought the Governor had at least embraced the nickname, if not coined it himself.

Mea culpa.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2018, 05:04:38 PM »
It appears that I have sinned. In my defense, I submit that I, too, thought the Governor had at least embraced the nickname, if not coined it himself.

Mea culpa.

If you read down to the end of that article, it rather sounds like he did embrace it, at least eventually.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 07:50:25 PM »
Looks like that caravan of "migrants" decided it really wasn't worth it to come to the border.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-5579105/Migrant-caravan-abandons-plan-travel-US-border.html

Carol Torres, a 26-year-old Honduran woman, told AFP she joined the caravan after her abusive husband hired gang hitmen to attack her, forcing her to leave her two children behind.
So she just abandoned her two kids to be left with a husband who hired people to kill her!? ???
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2018, 10:50:29 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden