Author Topic: Don't Plow My Driveway, Trumpist!  (Read 2240 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Don't Plow My Driveway, Trumpist!
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2021, 11:16:22 AM »
Did you notice they have comments turned off on that story?

I didn't, but not surprising for "democracy dies in darkness". It'll be interesting to see where that paper goes in the near future. I understand Bezos stepped down from Amazon partially to have more input into the Post.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2021, 06:39:03 PM »
Rather than add a new thread, I'll tack this on here. Bruce Springsteen did some "unity" ad for Jeep during the Super Bowl.  I watched the ad on Youtube. While I like Springsteen's music, I think he's kind of a chump politically, yet  I didn't really see anything to hate in his ad. It was a bit cloyingly sweet, but whatever, he seemed to be a little less "unity as long as it means we punish flyover country" than so many of the other libs. Such as this guy:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/springsteen-sells-out-jeep-ad-superbowl/2021/02/07/b9bd1fa0-6986-11eb-9ead-673168d5b874_story.html

Until these people start mentioning a reckoning for antifa and blm at the same time as they want a reckoning for rural America, they're an enemy I have no time for. I don't believe we're going to see unity. There is too much bad blood at this point. THe best we might get is leaving each other alone, but DC isn't gonna let us do that.

The money quote:  "Springsteen is ultimately preaching reconciliation without reckoning".  This is the opposite of tolerance, and I mean tolerance literally.  This is the demand to punish those with whom they disagree.  An insistence that what used to be normal is the problem.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2021, 09:59:18 AM »
Her FB page is getting thoroughly smoked. Summary of most replies is "My, aren't we the Bitter Old Hag today? Get over yourself and appreciate that someone was nice enough to do you a huge favor"

https://www.facebook.com/vheffernan

Would be funny as hell if someone "returned" all the snow to her driveway. Preferably on some morning when she has to be somewhere important.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2021, 09:17:58 AM »
wrong thread. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 11:07:05 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge