Author Topic: Bought a vehicle (followup thread)  (Read 1349 times)

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
Bought a vehicle (followup thread)
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:54:41 PM »
Bought a 1994 Toyota Camry XLE (the one with the v6) with 177,000 miles on it in rather good condition for, get this, $403 dollars.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Ha.

And I have until the end of the summer to pay.

Ha ha ha ha aha.

This is a followup to two threads, this one: http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/viewtopic.php?id=2508 where I asked information about buying cars, which did help, and this one:  http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/viewtopic.php?id=3211 where I was thining about spending my car money on going to france where I was going to visit a love interest.

I decided to get the car and pick her tall readheaded butt up at the airport IN it when she comes back in July. So I called dibs on meeting her at the airport. Ha ha. She was planning on ditching her boyfriend for me until he dumped her.

Ha ha ha ah aha

I feel like a million bucks. The future is looking bright.

Now if I can just clear up that stuff with that one obstinate teacher then I'll be set for college.
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

crt360

• friend
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 10:11:19 PM »
I'm impressed.  You got the car and the girl (and you haven't had to spend a dime on either, yet).  It might be time for you to buy a lottery ticket.  Those Camrys were pretty solid.  I'd buy one with three wheels for $403.  I still have a Toyota from 1985 that runs well.
For entertainment purposes only.

Winston Smith

• friends
  • Cheaper than a locksmith
    • My Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 10:26:22 PM »
I would buy a lottery ticket if I wasn't just 17... but only two more months!!!!!!!

Anyone want to cut me a bro deal on my first rifle?

hahhahahha oh god I can't stop
Jack
APS #22
I'm eighteen years old. I know everything and I'm invincible.
Right?

...has left the building.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »
Good work!

cfabe

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 01:55:45 PM »
Winston that sounds like a great deal. Even with that many miles on it there shoud still be plenty of life left in the vehicle, and at that price, wow. How did you get the vehicle for so cheap? I would have thought it would bring at least $1500. Is it an automatic trans? That'd be my only major concern on a toyota with 177k  (any automatic with 177k, not picking on toyota).

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 02:31:06 PM »
I bought a 1988 Camry in 2000 (so mine was 12 years old too) for $1300 with 168K miles on it.  It gave me five years of low hassle use.  I had to make a few repairs, but I did most of them with my dad's help.  It was a GREAT investment.  The clutch was going, but I wouldn't have sold it yet if I hadn't joined the Army.  When I PCS back to the States I plan to buy another Camry, just a little newer.  GREAT choice.  Post pics of car and girl.  Smiley   Seriously, what color is your Camry?  Mine was white.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 04:54:22 AM »
Congratulations and enjoy the car.  Advise you also get a Haynes or Chilton's manual for model.  Also advise that IF you install a load, bass-heavy stereo, (keeping in mind your age...Smiley ) that you use heavy guage wire, and upgrade the battery and alternator as well, if needed.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

engineer151515

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 05:53:19 AM »
Hope its not a Katrina car.  

Best of luck.

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 05:28:31 AM »
Good deal, WS.

A redhead, eh? Oh ye're in for it now! :evilgrin:
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!