Author Topic: This can't be good  (Read 987 times)

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
This can't be good
« on: May 25, 2006, 09:06:30 AM »
A LEO friend of mine sent me this:

Saudi Men Who Rode School Bus Arrested

By KEITH MORELLI kmorelli@tampatrib.com

Published: May 20, 2006

TAMPA - Two Saudi men were arrested Friday after they boarded a school bus and rode to Wharton High School in New Tampa.

Students on the bus became alarmed, as did the bus driver, who called ahead. Hillsborough County sheriff's deputies met the bus at the school and detained the men. No one was injured and nothing out of line occurred on the bus, deputies said.

Mana Saleh Almanajam, 23, who lives in Apt. 302 in The Point apartments, and Shaker Mohsen Alsidran, 20 Monticello Gardens, Apt. 304-A, each were charged with trespassing on school property. Both remained in Orient Road Jail on Friday evening. Bail for each was set at $250.

"Both defendants gave several versions of the reason they took a school bus to a high school," said Hillsborough County sheriff's spokesman J.D. Callaway.

"They said they wanted to go to Wharton to look around, and then they said they wanted to go there to have some fun, and then they said they wanted to enroll in the English classes there," Callaway said.

"We're not sure if this was a situation of them just being new to this country, or if they were confused or what it was," Callaway said. "We were unsure as to exactly what the final reason was, but it did cause great concern for the students on the bus and for us. One of the guys was wearing shorts with a black trench coat."

While on the bus, the men laughed and spoke in Arabic, Callaway said.

Ahmed Bedier, Tampa director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations said the men likely meant no harm and that because "they were from Saudi Arabia, that escalated the situation."

He blamed the incident on cultural differences.

"They didn't differentiate between a school bus and public transportation," he said.

The bus picked up the students and the men at about 7 a.m. Friday at the corner of Fletcher Avenue and 42nd Street, deputies said.

The bus driver, a substitute, reached her supervisors by telephone. They relayed the information to Wharton High resource Deputy Mike Eastman, who met the bus when it arrived at school at about 7:30 a.m., and detained the men.

The sheriff's Homeland Security Division, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Regional Domestic Security Task Force, Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the FBI all were notified.

Almanajam and Alsidran at first told deputies they were from Morocco, but later admitted being from Saudi Arabia, deputies said. They said they were enrolled at the English Language Institute at the University of South Florida.

Both arrived in the United States about six months ago and have student visas that require them to be enrolled at the English Language Institute, Callaway said.

Authorities searched the apartments of the two men and found nothing of concern, he said.

Link:
http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBDJDFFFNE.html

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
This can't be good
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 09:14:17 AM »
Tom Clancy novels!

I swear that The Base sits around lounging on camel skins in caves reading Tom Clancy novels!
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
This can't be good
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 01:19:10 PM »
"Almanajam and Alsidran at first told deputies they were from Morocco, but later admitted being from Saudi Arabia, deputies said."

Yeah right ...... Sad  

Not only do they not know the difference between public transportation and school buses, they don't know where they are from either.

Remember the 9-11 hijackers rode the airlines several times before the fatal day.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

grampster

• friend
This can't be good
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 02:06:44 PM »
TallPine:  Ditto.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

InfidelSerf

• friend
This can't be good
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 02:09:44 PM »
Why on earth would the bus driver 1-allow them to board the bus. 2- go ahead and transport them to the school where even more children would be put at risk.

I would think if a stranger (i.e. ANYONE other than the driver and kids) boarded a bus it would sit there until the police arrived to resolve the situation.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
This can't be good
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 03:46:50 PM »
If the best job you can get involves driving a schoolbus, somehow I think critical thinking isn't going to be one of your strong points
Oh sure, first mall ninjas NOW school bus drivers...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Parker Dean

• friend
This can't be good
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 03:55:22 PM »
What I find most interesting is that this story is way under the radar. You'd think it would be among the first topics of conversation and news but the reality is that most people don't care. I posted this on another large (non-firearms) forum stating in the thread title about Saudi's, schoolbus, and Florida, and you know how many responses? Three. 54 views. That's it. No one cared.

garrettwc

• friend
This can't be good
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 06:50:29 PM »
veloce I was thinking the same thing. But it's actually pretty basic. You take your basic sheeple minded drone, and take them out of their comfort zone. They become so confused and disoriented by the unexpected that they just plod along.

This thing sets off so many alarm bells it should be the lead on every network news cast.

While on the bus, the men laughed and spoke in Arabic, Callaway said.
No doubt getting quite a chuckle at how easy it was to accomplish their task.

Ron

This can't be good
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 07:02:37 PM »
What will the Muslim population do if stateside terrorism starts to happen?

Will the terrorists have a network of like minded Muslims?

Will the cells be found out quick due to US Muslims loyalty to America?

Interesting times.

garrettwc

• friend
This can't be good
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 03:28:25 AM »
GoRon there are other questions as well?

Will nervous Americans retaliate against folks in their town of middle eastern descent?

Will the government step in to "protect the rights of the minority"?

What additional freedoms will we lose in an attempt to restore order.