Author Topic: Cumberland Farms Gets it, want to share-  (Read 679 times)

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
Cumberland Farms Gets it, want to share-
« on: May 27, 2006, 05:20:25 AM »
To make a long story short, new BRAND NEW Subaru had to get towed, due to a bad tank of gas.  This is my upate:

FYI-
I posted this email here:
http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34543

and here:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5004

"Just to update- It took two cans of dry gas, the running out of that tank (which was a chore) and the resetting of the ECM (I pulled the fuse), the car runs like a top now!

This is not my main point though.  I need to share my experience with Cumberland Farms:

I called the manager of the store, told him what had happened.  He APOLOGIZED (in this day in age, that is remarkable), and gave me to corporate.  My first thought was that the great run around was coming.

Nope.  All I got was an apology, and a "please let us know how much we owe you".  I have AAA and the new car warranty, so all I was looking for was a check for the gas and the two cans of dry gas.

Yesterday I got- ready for this- an apology letter AND check for the gas and dry gas AND $15.00 worth of gift certificates AND a coupon for a free 1/2 gallon of ice cream.

They made good on their mistake.  Remarkable.  Just thought I'd share that there is at least one company that understands customer service.

They just kept a customer.

M"
One day at a time.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »
Hey tell 'em if they want to expand to the midwest I got about 20 stations around me they can buy. It would be nice to be treated like a customer for a change.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 12:02:13 PM »
Remarkable!
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.