Author Topic: I'm shocked  (Read 1526 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
I'm shocked
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:05:59 AM »
SHOCKED!

https://heatst.com/entertainment/rise-and-fall-ratings-plummet-for-abcs-ambitious-gay-rights-drama-when-we-rise/

An 8-hour mini-series promoting the LGBT lifestyle didn't attract viewers. Who could possibly have anticipated that?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: I'm shocked
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
Once again reality shows that pandering to a tiny but loud minority doesn't work.
Something less than 5% of the general population is "LGBTBBQWTFO". Even if they got 100% of that demographic and 50% of their families  do they really think it would be enough to support a TV program?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 01:14:16 PM »
Once again reality shows that pandering to a tiny but loud minority doesn't work.
Something less than 5% of the general population is "LGBTBBQWTFO". Even if they got 100% of that demographic and 50% of their families  do they really think it would be enough to support a TV program?
They'll probably try to move it to cable and have it included in the "standard" package so it gets subsidized by the rest of the lineup the way BET and some of the Mexican programs are.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 03:08:16 PM »
Netflix, Amazon Video and HBO GO all have a featured list for LBGT. Even I find it annoying. A good movie/TV show should not need that kind of promoting and if it's good, people will watch it regardless of politics.

As it is, I won't watch anything on those lists without recommendations from other sources, simply because I assume they will be a waste of my time.
I figure if I have some weird driving need to watch an "LBGT genre" movie, I'll just re watch But I Was A Cheerleader, although, truth be told, I'm more likely to watch it because it's funny.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 03:12:02 PM »
I've checked out a few of the L genre offerings on Netflix, not nearly enough "action".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 03:18:10 PM »
Hmm, so people don't want to watch a show that lectures them on how LGBTQJHSXYZ-phobic they are?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 07:01:35 AM »
I'd say that it ought to be renamed When We Go Down, but that's just cheap double entendreism at its best....
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 07:05:19 AM »

The fact that it can't proves that middle America is worse than Hitler!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 07:06:29 AM »
I've checked out a few of the L genre offerings on Netflix, not nearly enough "action".

You know what you are?

You're double Trump Hitler!

:rofl:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 07:57:03 AM »

You know what you are?

You're double Trump Hitler!

:rofl:

I've never claimed to be a nice person >:D

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »
"Double Trump Hitler" - That could be a great Twitter handle
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 04:17:45 PM »
They'll probably try to move it to cable and have it included in the "standard" package so it gets subsidized by the rest of the lineup the way BET and some of the Mexican programs are.
Directv has a LOGO (I think that is the one) channel that has a lot of gay themed stuff.  If they get 5 or 10 cents per subscriber there is plenty to support stuff like this. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge