Author Topic: Obamagate #1  (Read 6514 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Obamagate #1
« on: March 24, 2010, 05:57:32 PM »
Looks like scandal number one is starting.

Drop out of the primary race and get a federal admin office. hmmmm?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20001105-503544.html

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 11:14:25 PM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
Re: Obamagate #1
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »
Wow, even See-BS is starting to come out of the afterglow of the chosen one's inaugeration.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 10:28:17 PM »
It's unfortunate, but this will not go anywhere in a Democrat-controlled Congress.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:25:30 AM »
the msm wont follow up or care enough to create the firestorm needed for a real "gate"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 01:55:34 AM »
It's unfortunate, but this will not go anywhere in a Democrat-controlled Congress.

Or with Eric Holder as AG.

Want to keep the slime off you? Surround yourself with slime.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 04:09:26 AM »
more like, "don't want people to know you have been swimming in the sewer?" "then fill your pool with sewage." =|

taurusowner

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 11:56:00 AM »
the msm wont follow up or care enough to create the firestorm needed for a real "gate"

This.  BHO will not have any scandals because the media will always deflect for him.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 12:03:51 PM »
Individual scandals won't matter in the political climate that's evolved.  We are dealing with one monstrous scandal that is now finding a name.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

taurusowner

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 12:34:16 PM »
Individual scandals won't matter in the political climate that's evolved.  We are dealing with one monstrous scandal that is now finding a name.

That's a good point.  The classic concept of a "scandal" is that an otherwise mostly "good" official does something bad or is involved with some bad people.  But the "scandal" is something apart from his normal actions as that official.  BHO breaks that mold.  His entire presidency is a string of bad actions and involvements with even worse people.  There is no "good" BHO to make an individual scandal something apart.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 12:37:31 PM »
Yup.  If the actions they take out in the open, the actions that they take credit for, aren't enough to sink these people, then secret conspiracies and scandals won't matter a bit.

Their public policies are a scandal.  Never mind their secret machinations in the dark.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 03:58:06 PM »
No offence, but isnt this Obamagate #19? 

"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 04:05:38 PM »
This.  BHO will not have any scandals because the media will always deflect for him.

The only reason this is confusing to me, is because it was originally linked to on this site by a msm source.   =|

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 04:25:22 PM »
and do you really believe they will follow up, and force the issue into the light? [popcorn]

taurusowner

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 04:33:28 PM »
The only reason this is confusing to me, is because it was originally linked to on this site by a msm source.   =|

That reminds me of back during the election, about how there was a study done that showed the MSM had X times the number of positive stories about BHO vs McCain.  Did they do positive stories about McCain.  Yep.  But when it's only a fraction of the amount of positive stories done about BHO, can on really point to the minuscule number of pro McCain stories and say "See! They're equal! The MSM is saying good things about both sides!"

Just because one MSM source wrote one story about this scandal, it is in no way shape or form comparable to the dozens of stories, segments, editorials, and expose's pushed on us for weeks whenever a conservative is accused of something.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 04:43:53 PM »
and do you really believe they will follow up, and force the issue into the light? [popcorn]

If the there is no appropriate response to the congressman from the whitehouse, I imagine there will be followup, yes.

The media likes blood in the water, it doesn't matter which side it comes from.

Either way, I look forward to the discussion...although at this point I don't see much to talk about, other than waiting to see what develops.  If Obama did something illegal or if his staffers did something illegal, the Republicans have *every* possible motive to ferret it out, and the media won't ignore a juicy issue like that.  The idea that something verifiably illegal happened involving Obama but no-one will follow up on it is cynical on one side and naive on the other.

Honestly, considering how many people are employed in the white house I am surprised they have kept their noses as clean as they have.  (Naturally, you might think they are simply being shielded by the media, but there isn't anything I can say to debunk a good conspiracy theory)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 04:55:24 PM »
If you think the msm isn't trying to cover Obama's ass I'd suggest you look at how long Bill Ayers and Rev Wright were being screamed about on teh intarwebz before the msm was forced to cover it. And look at how they covered it.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 06:22:52 PM »
If you think the msm isn't trying to cover Obama's ass I'd suggest you look at how long Bill Ayers and Rev Wright were being screamed about on teh intarwebz before the msm was forced to cover it. And look at how they covered it.

I guess I would ask for a more defined definition of 'cover' then.  If you are saying someone at CNN is actively protecting the Obama white house, I would be highly skeptical of that claim.  If you are saying that news organizations are less likely to do investigative journalism focused on politicians that hold the same views as their consumer base, I would agree with that.

Besides, it isn't like any of the media outlets do much legwork for anything anyway.  Most of the 'scandals' on both sides are found out by politicians with an obvious ax to grind or from 'teh intarwebz'.  Any more media outlets rely on the Internet to decide which scandals generate an appropriate level of consumer outrage before they cover them.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 05:21:55 AM »
Well, that's the White-House-On-Lake-Michigan for you...

... if true.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

taurusowner

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 05:29:51 AM »
If the there is no appropriate response to the congressman from the whitehouse, I imagine there will be followup, yes.

Still waiting for that followup?

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 11:40:34 AM »
Still waiting for that followup?

I see Issa saying he is going to give the Whitehouse more time, and Sestak is not saying who offered him a job or what that job was, or any details about anything.  How can you have a scandal when the guy complaining about the scandal won't even talk about the scandal?  Honestly it sounds like Issa is wussing out.

We'll see, but right now Issa is the only one who seems to care about it and unless he is willing to put his money where his mouth is nothing is going to happen since none of the only witness is refusing to discuss it with anyone.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 12:18:20 PM »
A pimple on the ass of the biggest elephant in the biggest living room in history.  The entire thrust of this administration is "scandalous," if you consider trying to torpedo your own nation a "scandal."
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.