Author Topic: Iran %#&*^%$# at it Again!  (Read 4675 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Iran %#&*^%$# at it Again!
« on: February 19, 2012, 08:14:33 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/19/us-iran-oil-europe-idUSTRE81I07W20120219

Iran stops oil sales to British and French firms
(
Reuters) - Iran has stopped selling crude to British and French companies, the oil ministry said on Sunday, in a retaliatory measure against fresh EU sanctions on the Islamic state's lifeblood, oil.

"Exporting crude to British and French companies has been stopped ... we will sell our oil to new customers," spokesman Alireza Nikzad was quoted as saying by the Ministry of Petroleum website.

The European Union in January decided to stop importing crude from Iran from July 1 over its disputed nuclear program, which the West says is aimed at building bombs. Iran denies this.

Great! Now the oil futures will rise, as will the price of crude, as will our gas at the pumps....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

red headed stranger

• friend
Re: Iran %#&*^%$# at it Again!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 08:20:59 PM »
When goods don't cross borders . . .
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 09:07:52 PM »
Tell that to the overlords in the .fedgov.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 09:53:19 PM »
Not a big issue.  Saudi and the rest of OPEC has already stated they can and will supply what Iran was to make up the difference.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:02:03 PM »
Not much of an issue IMO. Other OPEC countries already' said they will pick up the slack. This isn't even an issue of getting online, they just routinely operate well below their max output to avoid flooding the market. All they need to do is follow through with picking up the slack.

All in all, I don't think this is anything more than a "You can't fire me, I quit!" thing. Same effect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:15:07 PM »
Frack 'em.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 12:46:20 AM »
They've done this since 1979, who cares. I've seen a fair bit of their navy from rather close range. Let me know when the shells start flying.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 02:39:43 AM »
And Saudi cuts production.
http://m.cnbc.com/id/46445698

All is proceding according to plan.
 [tinfoil]

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 05:17:49 AM »
Does anyone dispute the right of Iran to choose where it sends its oil?   Or is exercising property rights grounds for war?
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 05:22:23 AM »

[tinfoil]

Exactly my point.
The Saudi's have always screwed us, in spite of showing us their 'we have your back' face.
That's what we get for helping in Kuwait....
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 05:28:27 AM »
Does anyone dispute the right of Iran to choose where it sends its oil?   Or is exercising property rights grounds for war?
Wonderful observation. Maybe we can send them some enriched uranium to assist their nuke program.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 06:45:55 AM »
Wonderful observation. Maybe we can send them some enriched uranium to assist their nuke program.

How is that related???
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 08:17:40 AM »

[tinfoil]

That report was about what they did in December.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 08:22:46 AM »
At first I was a little nervous, but then realized that it's basically just Iran shooting themselves in the foot.  They're shown as throwing a temper tantrum, the rest of OPEC says, "meh" and boosts production to match what Iran is cutting off.  And they (rest of OPEC) make more money in the process, as the "volatility" will drive oil prices up a bit. 
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 08:41:44 AM »
Iran stops oil sales to British and French firms

The European Union in January decided to stop importing crude from Iran

So the mullahs are going to punish the Europeans by stopping the sale of crude to people who already decided to stop importing their crude? Is this just supposed to affect trans-shipment or something?

Also . . . where do the mullahs get their refined fuels? I remember reading an article that Iran's refining capacity is well short of satisfying domestic needs, but there was no mention of where they import refined products from. If it comes from some other Gulf state they may be OK for a while, but if it comes from the EU?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:10:45 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 08:45:41 AM »

There are huge groups of people that consider the US the aggressor in the war with Japan. All we really did was cut off their oil supply (see rape of Nanking).
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »
How is that related???
One good tort deserves another.....

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »
So the mullahs are going to punish the Europeans by stopping the sale of crude to people who already decided to stop importing their crude? Is this just supposed to affect trans-shipment or something?
Yeah. Only Iran is stopping shipment a few months earlier than the EU had planned. Not a big deal, IMO.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
So the mega oil companies get to increase margin on oil already paid for ...and probably give Iran a cut. Chaos means more debt for us and bigger profits for the 0.1%ers.  Same ol crap.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 03:42:33 PM »
So the mega oil companies get to increase margin on oil already paid for ...and probably give Iran a cut. Chaos means more debt for us and bigger profits for the 0.1%ers.  Same ol crap.

I didn't know there were any OWS members here at APS.

If (and it's a big "if") oil companies increase profits on oil they already own when prices go up, then they likewise lose profits on oil they already own when prices go down. Oil company profits are absurdly low compared to other industries, though.

As for "give Iran a cut", why?

"Bigger profits for the .01%ers"? Please.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »
So the mega oil companies get to increase margin on oil already paid for

Is that bad?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2012, 06:58:44 PM »
Of course it's bad. It's the rich getting richer on the backs of the proletariat. And it doesn't matter if the Saudi's are going to fill the void made by Iran. Everyone knows that the Saudi's are owned by the Bush family. And Halliburton, which is secretly owned by Cheney.