Author Topic: Kentucky's outgoing GOP governor gives his state the middle finger  (Read 805 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
... by pardoning over 400 criminals, including two child rapists

https://fox40.com/2019/12/13/kentucky-governor-pardoned-convicted-child-rapist-more-than-400-others-before-leaving-office/

Former Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin issued 428 pardons in his final days in office after his November defeat to Democrat Andy Beshear, the Louisville Courier Journal reported.

That list includes a man who killed his parents, another convicted of reckless homicide and a woman who threw her newborn in the trash, the Washington Post reported.

Dayton Jones, who was convicted after sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy, was also pardoned according to Kentucky New Era.

Also pardoned was Micah Schoettle, convicted of raping a child and sentenced to 23 years in prison, CNN affiliate WCPO reported. He served fewer than 18 months.

The victim’s mother called the pardon a “slap in the face,” the news station reported.

“It feels like we’re going through it all over again … we just got to the point where we felt safe leaving the house and not looking over our shoulders,” she told WCPO.

I've heard of sore losers, but ... wow.

Endangering the public's safety out of spite?  Perhaps this whole pardoning thing needs to be revisited, and not just in Kentucky.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Kentucky's outgoing GOP governor gives his state the middle finger
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 11:37:24 AM »
Haven't fully digested this yet. But it would appear there's this that the above is leaving out

His pardon states he was “convicted of a heinous crime based only on testimony that was not supported by any physical evidence. In fact, any and all evidence that is available, refutes the allegations that were made. This case was investigated and prosecuted in a manner that was sloppy at best. I do not believe that the charges against Mr. Schoettle are true.”
https://www.wave3.com/2019/12/13/dickie-v-says-bevin-should-be-ashamed-over-man-he-pardoned/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 06:52:03 PM »
Not the first time an outgoing governor has issued a lot of pardons - maybe he'll get his own song eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JlcdZcUoCc
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 11:42:32 AM »
Now the local rag is complaining too many of them are white
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes