Author Topic: Statists on display in House budget talks...emergence of a 3 party system?  (Read 1711 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/23/us-usa-debt-cantor-idUSTRE75M3SA20110623

Largely an article about the potential budget crisis.

But, this nugget of gold emerged:

Republicans may not have enough votes to pass a deal through the House in any case, as many newly elected conservatives feel little urge to compromise.

That means Boehner may have to rely on Democratic votes, and Democrats will insist that tax increases must be part of the deal, one lawmaker said.

RINOs = Democrats = Statists.

The newly elected conservatives have yet to be sufficiently corrupted and detached from their districts and constituencies to bend.

So, what we get is the beginnings of a 3-party system.  Dems/RINOs teaming up to take the Statist bent, and Conservatives/TEA Partiers/Libertarians taking the Individualist bent.

I wish the Speaker was one of the newly elected TEA oriented people.  Maybe next session.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
Boehner said before the election that he wanted the budget set back to 2008 levels, without TARP, bailout, or stimulus dollars.

He's been quiet about that lately . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

longeyes

• friend
Three-party or de facto parliamentary--with dissolution of the ruling junta in the wings.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
So what are the three parties?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
So what are the three parties?

The good, the bad, and the ugly.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
The good, the bad, and the ugly.

:laugh: :laugh: Thread win!!!!!
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

longeyes

• friend
If it ends with only three I'll be surprised.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Apparently Boehner and Kyl walked out of the talks today because the other side won't take tax increases off the table and won't go back until they do.

That's a positive.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

longeyes

• friend
Is not Boehner who's left to negotiate?  Well, this will be his chance to prove he's a wartime consigliere.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.