Author Topic: TSA Steals Fistful's Gun!  (Read 3114 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
TSA Steals Fistful's Gun!
« on: December 10, 2013, 12:18:39 AM »
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/365823/tsa-seizes-sock-monkeys-toy-gun-andrew-johnson

Teh horrorz!  Fistful reduced to carrying a silly spinny-clanker, and then having that hogleg taken from him by the two-by-two! 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: TSA Steals Fistful's Gun!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 12:42:15 AM »
I like revolvers, actually.

What a stupid country we've allowed ourselves to become - frightened of toys.  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 08:58:27 AM »

What a stupid country we've allowed ourselves to become - frightened of toys.  :facepalm:

I have little hope for our future. :'(
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 09:26:02 AM »
satire?  (please!)     :facepalm:
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 11:14:32 AM »
Please, this is the TSA.  Absolute adherence to the rules, no deviation permitted, is the norm.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »
As is usually the case, this story is missing some important information: The name and/or badge number of the TSA employee involved; that should be widely disseminated so that she may be subjected to copious amounts of public ridicule and mockery.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 12:52:08 PM »
I wonder if TSA hires all the school administrators that get fired for suspending 8 year olds who draw gun pictures? Oh wait, they're still working in education...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 12:59:41 PM »
Too Stupid for Arby's, indeed.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 01:16:53 PM »
perhaps the tsa is just being proactive on the plastic gun ban?   >:D
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »

Is this the TSA goon, or the sock puppet? They're kinda similar in intelligence and functionality.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2013, 03:01:30 PM »
Is this the TSA goon, or the sock puppet? They're kinda similar in intelligence and functionality.

That's an insult to the sock-puppet community  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »

True, some people like sock puppets. No one likes the TSA.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »

Word. Also, it's not a puppet. It's a monkey. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_monkey
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »

Word. Also, it's not a puppet. It's a monkey. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sock_monkey

Take it up with Rev, then  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 10:26:36 PM »
Wow:

May, who owns a small business selling sock monkey dolls, said the agent went through the bag of sewing supplies and took issue with Monkburn’s 2-inch toy pistol.

“She said ‘this is a gun,’” May recalled. “I said no, it’s not a gun, it’s a prop for my monkey.”

“She said, ‘If I held it up to your neck, you wouldn’t know if it was real or not,’ and I said ‘really?’” May told King 5 News.

The TSA agent confiscated the toy gun and returned the bag.

The TSA issued a statement on Monday about the incident, saying “under longstanding aircraft security policy, and out of an abundance of caution, realistic replicas of firearms are prohibited in carry-on bags."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/10/tsa-agent-seizes-cowboy-sock-monkey-2-inch-toy-pistol/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2013, 05:58:25 PM »
Wow:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/10/tsa-agent-seizes-cowboy-sock-monkey-2-inch-toy-pistol/

The TSA issued a statement on Monday about the incident, saying “under longstanding aircraft security policy, and out of an abundance of caution, realistic replicas of firearms are prohibited in carry-on bags."

The stupid is strong with this group.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »

Not just toys. Did you see the report about the kid who was suspended from school for miming a bow and arrow?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2013, 07:49:20 PM »
 :mad: Haven't any of you seen Planet of the Apes???  The TSA is getting prepared!!! :mad:  Get your hands off me you darn APE!!!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 07:53:49 PM by Gowen »
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2013, 08:19:58 PM »
The Mrs. and I are in the preliminary stage of planning a trip that will require flying.
I'm not looking forward to TSA screening.
My preference would be to drive but getting to the BVI would be problematic.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2013, 08:45:27 PM »
The Mrs. and I are in the preliminary stage of planning a trip that will require flying.

Take a boat.... ;)
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2013, 09:46:32 PM »

You could plan to go somewhere else - somewhere that you can drive to.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2013, 10:30:33 PM »
You could plan to go somewhere else - somewhere that you can drive to.

There is a group of us in the early planning stages of a sailing charter trip to the BVI. Bareboat charter a couple or three catamarans depending on hm many we get for the group and sail the BVI for a week.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams