Author Topic: ShotLock 1911 Solo Vault  (Read 1287 times)

Unisaw

• friend
ShotLock 1911 Solo Vault
« on: January 09, 2013, 12:52:22 PM »
I noticed this quick-access handgun "safe" on Costco's website for only $129:

http://www.costco.com/ShotLock-Small-Universal-Solo-Vault-Safe.product.11764012.html

Apparently, ShotLock (part of TruckVault) has branched out into quick access handgun safes.  I corresponded with the company yesterday and it verified that the lock mechanism is a genuine Simplex lock.  There is also a smaller size for compact handguns.

Has anyone tried one of these?
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: ShotLock 1911 Solo Vault
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 01:04:19 PM »
Looks good. I have a decently sized handgun safe in my truck, it has been very nice to be able to lock up handguns and other valuable items.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Marnoot

• friend
Re: ShotLock 1911 Solo Vault
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 03:41:09 PM »
I haven't tried their handgun safes, but did have the Shotlock shotgun lock from them for a while so we could keep the shotgun loaded in the bedroom closet without worry of little ones getting at it.

I don't have any reason to think it's common with them but the lock broke after very little use. I went to open it one day and the knob you turn after entering the simplex combination just spun freely. I was eventually able to get it open by pushing (very) hard on the knob while turning it, so I didn't have to throw a cutting wheel on my angle grinder to get the shotgun out, at least. It wouldn't have been a good thing to have happen had I been in severe need of getting the shotgun out of the lock.

I called them about it, they would have fixed/replaced it for me, but since I got it at Costco they suggested just returning it there and getting a new one. I returned it, but haven't gotten a new one yet.