Author Topic: All In  (Read 1856 times)

Unisaw

• friend
All In
« on: March 03, 2015, 12:31:22 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/03/petraeus-pleads-guilty-to-misdemeanor-charge-in-plea-agreement-over-claims/

Petraeus has agreed to plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of providing classified info to his former mistress...who titled her biography of him "All In."

The headlines just write themselves...
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: All In
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:40:00 PM »
Ring knockers get special justice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 02:35:39 PM »
The criminal complaint, filed Tuesday in the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina’s Charlotte Division, charges Petraeus with one count of unauthorized removal and retention of classified material.

Prosecutors said that while Broadwell was writing her book, Petraeus gave her binders of classified material containing, among other information, his daily schedule and notes about his discussions with President Obama.

Those binders, known was "black books," were seized by the FBI in a search of Petraeus' home. Petraeus lied to FBI agents about providing them to Broadwell and said he never gave her classified material, according to court documents.

The former general retained the black books in his home even after he left the Defense Department. In 2011, he delivered them to a home in Washington where Broadwell was staying, according to court papers.

Petraeus left the books with her so she could use them as source material for the biography on him that she published in 2012, prosecutors said. Days later, Petraeus brought the books back to his home in Arlington, Virginia.

Questions:
1. What level of classification were his schedules/black books?

2. How did he keep his black books when he was in the service?  On his person, where he could figure out where he needed to be?  Locked up where it was useless?

3. What were the other possible charges?

Speculation:
1. I suspect they were classified FOUO to keep them from being discoverable via FOIA. 

2. Here is where I think that the classification issue meets reality: a personal schedule is useless when it is classified.  The procedures to account for and protect classified docs make a schedule nigh impossible to use.

4. Unless there is some sort of document courier with him at all times who secures the materials 24/7/52.

5. . Mission accomplished: Patreus is no longer a viable political candidate.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 07:42:37 PM »
Quote from: roo_ster
5. . Mission accomplished: Patreus is no longer a viable political candidate.

True.  OTOH in the end he did it to himself so my sympathies are very limited.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 07:46:19 PM »
1. What level of classification were his schedules/black books?

Per the story coming across the talking box of noise he is reported to have told the mistress that they were Top Secret and code word stuff.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 10:04:18 PM »
TS/SCI
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »
TS/SCI

Not sure which emotion should have top billing: outrage or incredulity?

1. Bureaucrat schedules, especially stale working schedules classified TS/SCI?  Overclassify much? 

2. Running round with TS/SCI documents willy-nilly?  How would they ever be secured, especially if Gen P landed (for the evening) someplace without a secure container?

3. Taking TS/SCI docs home?  Keeping TS/SCI docs laying around after they are OBE?  Was he nucking futz?  Kill them with fire or a shredder certified for TS/SCI destruction and then have them trampled in the mud by a convenient herd of cattle.

4. How in the name of the Document Control Gawds was any significant number TS/SCI docs left laying about in Somedood's home?

5. Getting tired of the Sandy Berger Standard being applied to connected folks.  Even if these were ridiculously overclassifed, Joe Schmoe would still be fried and take the Long Course at Ft Leavenworth.

6. Is the prostitute/author facing charges, too?

Gah!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 12:48:31 PM »
Not sure which emotion should have top billing: outrage or incredulity?

1. Bureaucrat schedules, especially stale working schedules classified TS/SCI?  Overclassify much? 

2. Running round with TS/SCI documents willy-nilly?  How would they ever be secured, especially if Gen P landed (for the evening) someplace without a secure container?

3. Taking TS/SCI docs home?  Keeping TS/SCI docs laying around after they are OBE?  Was he nucking futz?  Kill them with fire or a shredder certified for TS/SCI destruction and then have them trampled in the mud by a convenient herd of cattle.

4. How in the name of the Document Control Gawds was any significant number TS/SCI docs left laying about in Somedood's home?

5. Getting tired of the Sandy Berger Standard being applied to connected folks.  Even if these were ridiculously overclassifed, Joe Schmoe would still be fried and take the Long Course at Ft Leavenworth.

6. Is the prostitute/author facing charges, too?

Gah!

1. Schedule may have good reason to be classified. "Meeting with General So and So from Turkey to discuss interdiction of supplies to insurgents", "Meeting with head of local political group on how to best screw over other political group", "Meeting with high level squealer for info on insurgents", etc.

2. Documents can be controlled outside of a SCIF. Most simple is having someone with the right clearance hold them. I was used as a classified doc pack mule more than once.

3. Yep, very much a no-go. And normally people can get pretty serious trouble over this. It's happened before that people loot classified documents to write books, or help someone else write a book. If it's TS and on a hard drive, you lose the drive and have to mail it to the NSA. And you definitely shouldn't read any TS material you're not SCI cleared for. Like the contingency plan for killing Osama bin Laden if he was located at Tora Bora. Which hypothetically would awesome enough to make Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay say "Ye fluffy Buddha on a flaming pogo stick, isn't that a BIT excessive on the explosions?"  Yes, it was that awesome. It was hypothetically enough for hypothetical me to say "Yeah, that's actually enough overkill" without hypothetical sarcasm and be hypothetically sad that it wasn't hypothetically implemented, because it totally would have made a much better scene than a hypothetical stealth helicopter crash in the inevitable hypothetical movie. Imagine putting Gewehr, Fritz and I in a room with Red Bull and Whiskey to draw up an op order, and occasionally opening the door completely randomly to scream "NO, dammnit, MORE explosions."

4. Multiple star generals aren't held accountable under most circumstances when it comes to TS docs they personally generated. Ideally their aide handles it all appropriately.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 04:37:03 PM »
2. Documents can be controlled outside of a SCIF. Most simple is having someone with the right clearance hold them. I was used as a classified doc pack mule more than once.

IIRC, one of those stories ended with you in the hospital (and on the news), along with a group of MPs
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 09:14:57 PM »
IIRC, one of those stories ended with you in the hospital (and on the news), along with a group of MPs

Have I heard this story?

Imagine putting Gewehr, Fritz and I in a room with Red Bull and Whiskey to draw up an op order, and occasionally opening the door completely randomly to scream "NO, dammnit, MORE explosions.

My new sig.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 02:31:17 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/03/petraeus-pleads-guilty-to-misdemeanor-charge-in-plea-agreement-over-claims/

Petraeus has agreed to plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge of providing classified info to his former mistress...who titled her biography of him "All In."

The headlines just write themselves...

The double entendres just write themselves...
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"