Author Topic: Condition white  (Read 2884 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Condition white
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 11:04:31 AM »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 11:36:30 AM »
*expletive deleted*it. I still hate it. I'm 32 years old and I still haven't broken my mother of the habit. Almost got wacked in the nose the last time I went some place with her.  :facepalm:

I'll be 40 in June and my mom still does it to me.  I caught myself doing it to an ex girlfriend a couple of times too.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 05:11:04 PM »
Yeah, sometimes I don't see images and it's because the image is on a site that UBlock Origin or AdBlock is blocking. Alternately sometimes at work one won't show as the corporate filter is blocking the image's site. Try turning off ad blocking to see if that's the cause.

It doesn't seem to be AdBlock.  I disabled that and nothing changed.  It's just the first image in this thread that seems to be blocked.  I haven't noticed any other images missing in any other threads. Very strange.

I did a couple of scans on this laptop a few days ago just because.  Malwarebytes and the stock Windows Defender.  Nothing turned up, and I didn't expect anything to.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 04:17:06 PM »
I'll be 40 in June and my mom still does it to me.  I caught myself doing it to an ex girlfriend a couple of times too.
You can catch an armful of boobs that way.  Not as much fun as you might imagine.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 07:58:50 PM »
You can catch an armful of boobs that way.  Not as much fun as you might imagine.

From the point of view of the boobs, you have no idea. Oww...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 08:05:05 PM »
Heard a story on the radio about this.  Reporter and dad both said  t th e kid was sending a picture to mom, which would explain why he was looking at the phone.  May be less modern kid living in condition white than originally thought.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 09:40:53 PM »
I still want to know how the bat went from directly in front of the kid's head to directly behind the kid's head without even disturbing the kid's hat.

Isn't there a video somewhere?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 09:59:01 PM »
I still want to know how the bat went from directly in front of the kid's head to directly behind the kid's head without even disturbing the kid's hat.

Isn't there a video somewhere?

Look at the orientation of the bat: in the first frame, the handle end is pointing away from the dad, and in the second it's pointing toward the dad. Looks like the dad's hand caused it to flip horizontally around the kid's head instead of into it.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2016, 12:10:23 AM »
That must of stung then.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 06:16:01 AM »
Look at the orientation of the bat: in the first frame, the handle end is pointing away from the dad, and in the second it's pointing toward the dad. Looks like the dad's hand caused it to flip horizontally around the kid's head instead of into it.

Makes sense.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design