Author Topic: Teach a man to fish  (Read 4945 times)

Teach a man to fish
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2005, 02:44:24 PM »
Dude, try this [quote ] and [/quote ], except don't use spaces at that end of "quote."

We'll work on content later, after the flying monkeys get that damned dog.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Teach a man to fish
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2005, 02:46:24 PM »
"Well, I am my brother's keeper. Where can I join that society?"

Try California or Massachusetts.

"I agree that Mike is the reason this country is going down the tubes."

Doing my best, just for you, Riley... Wink
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Teach a man to fish
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2005, 02:48:24 PM »
"Sounds familiar. I wonder if you have anything in your head not ejaculated by the fat drug addict."

If anyone wondered as to Mr. Lifer's true nature, I think we now see it in spades.

I've suspected for some time, but now I know for certain.

What we have here is a 12 to 14 year-old boy who's been slammed hard against the wall of puberty and whose only release is computer chatrooms.

If not for computers and chatrooms I suspect that he'd be blind by now...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lifer

Teach a man to fish
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2005, 02:52:27 PM »
[Congratulations on being exactly what you claim to abhore!]

What do I claim to abhor again (besides that smell that follows you around)?

You rock Barb.

As for you Riley; go back and read the beginning of the thread. Read it again. Read it again........

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Teach a man to fish
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2005, 02:52:33 PM »
"Mebbe because 'noone' can figure out 'what it's about'. "

Finally, someone has to come out and state the painfully obvious.

Simply put, he has no point.

lifer

Teach a man to fish
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005, 02:56:35 PM »
Here is my point:
If most Americans had some grasp of reality instead of what they are spoon fed by the left and right, this country might stand a chance. It is the old liberal mantra of education solving all problems- and while many things liberal are mickey mouse and pie in the sky, that one is true. If people know the truth of something, they will act accordingly (most of the time). So think about this:

1. We "own" things only with the consent of others; they can take it all away if they want and if you put up a fight then they will take your life to. The only reason this doesnt happen is because I, and millions of others, say you can have what you have. The extreme right does not like this and neither does the extreme left. Those of us who live in the real world understand it as reality.

2. Division of labor is redistribution of wealth is civilization. People really flip out over the term "redistribution of wealth." ALL civilizations not based on slavery are built on this principle. We pay taxes and we have roads and water and other services. We pay insurance companies and never see a return on a nickel- the money is given to others (unless we have an accident). Health insurance, car insurance, taxes for police, fire department, schools. People pay taxes and who never need a cop, never have a fire, and never have kids in school are all redistributing their wealth.

3.  When some people get to the point where they own almost everything and do not redistribute their wealth, civilization starts to break down. Now traditionally, these people are "convinced" to share with the rest of the tribe but if they have allies willing to use violence then they retain their wealth. Eventually, the masses are turned into slaves. When people finally have nothing left to lose, heads get stuck on poles, the great works are burned to the ground, and everyone starts from scratch.

The "Left" and "Right" are contrivances; devices to distract you while the criminals rape your children. Better learn it and learn it well- because it has been the same for the last 10,000 years.

So when people whine about the poor dragging everyone else down (as in the other fish thread)- I can smell their ignorance. It is not the ultra poor impoverishing us all, it is the other end of the spectrum; the ultra rich. Point finished.

Paddy

Teach a man to fish
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2005, 02:58:15 PM »
What we have here is a 12 to 14 year-old boy who's been slammed hard against the wall of puberty and whose only release is computer chatrooms.
Well, he calls himself 'lifer'.  Mebbe he's in a juvenile detention facility, and has been 'slammed hard' there.  Do they provide internet access in those places?

lifer

Teach a man to fish
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2005, 03:02:04 PM »
Nice. Whose the troll now?

RGO

Teach a man to fish
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2005, 03:55:43 PM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
Agree.

Why is the behavior in this thread tolerated?  I know this isn't THR (where such a thread would have been closed), but letting this go on doesn't make sense to me.

lifer

Teach a man to fish
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2005, 03:58:13 PM »
My behavior? Hah! What a joke. I will finish this thread now. Bye.

grampster

• friend
Teach a man to fish
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2005, 04:33:18 PM »
Thank goodness.  It had been getting a bit boring around here lately.  Breath of fresh air is nice.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Stand_watie

• friend
Teach a man to fish
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2005, 05:02:34 PM »
If most Americans had some grasp of reality instead of what they are spoon fed by the left and right, this country might stand a chance
For the sake of trying to identify if we have any common ground at all, I'll take a crack at this by asking a question - exactly what is it you believe the American left spoon feeds America that is causing a problem, lifer?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

griz

• friend
Teach a man to fish
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2005, 09:59:42 AM »
Hey lifer, after reading your insightful wisdom I have seen the light. I now agree with you. But I guess it's hopeless since it has been this way for 10,000 years.

Hey, wait. 10,000 years is a LONG time ago. Maybe I should seek some other written record from that time instead of relying on the ramblings of this philosopher.rolleyes
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

grampster

• friend
Teach a man to fish
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2005, 10:31:38 AM »
Methinks the troll has been kicked back under the bridge by the indomitable administrator of this board.  cheesy
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw