Author Topic: Communism disguised as "luxury" and convenience  (Read 7832 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Communism disguised as "luxury" and convenience
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2005, 11:28:36 AM »
"This is the most absurd thread I've ever read."

Just to be clear, in what way?

That HOA's are Stalin's progeny, and a spiritual ode to repression in action?

Or those who think that's ludicrous?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005, 02:55:57 PM »
And I have personally found that if you get off'n yur dead fat fanny, get up from being crouched in front of your keyboard and screen railing on the internet, one can get easily appointed to local Planning Commissions, Zoning Boards, and even elected to local office very easily.  Then you can have a hand in how these rules are implemented or gotten rid off.  It's called "Getting Involved".  Any takers?

(We gave you a Republic, madam, if you can keep it)
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2005, 03:14:54 PM »
And I have personally found that if you get off'n yur dead fat fanny, get up from being crouched in front of your keyboard and screen railing on the internet, one can get easily appointed to local Planning Commissions, Zoning Boards, and even elected to local office very easily.  Then you can have a hand in how these rules are implemented or gotten rid off.  It's called "Getting Involved".  Any takers?
Yep, right here grampster.  Involvement with the City .gov is next step in my Cunning Plan to amass obscene amounts of power.  I can't WAIT to decorate the Oval Office in striking black and red color schemes.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2005, 03:46:40 PM »
Sindawe,
My next step is County Road Commissioner so that I might pillage the treaury even more effectively since there is so much pork in road bills.  Oink Oink.  Cheesy  One step at a time towards absolute power and corruption.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2005, 03:54:34 PM »
"Every stink that fights the ventilator thinks it is Don Quixote."
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2005, 04:30:31 PM »
what the hell is that, Blackburn?

An alien from area 51?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2005, 05:28:53 PM »
Uh OH, The Rabbi has resorted to quoting himself now.  The End Times are surely apon us!  QUICK! EVERYBODY DRINK THEIR KOOL AID!!!
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2005, 05:31:21 PM »
Blackburn has a new hobby.  Tormenting cats.  After all, whats the point in having cats if you can't torment them?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2005, 05:37:52 PM »
That's a cat?

Wearing a tin foil cap...

Oh lord.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2005, 05:40:31 PM »
The 'iron communist fist' I live under doesn't have any hardliners yet, has only a few rules that are nuisances that some people break anyway, and is mildly amusing at times. By mildly amusing, I mean that the leaders don't understand parliamentary procedure so the meetings are asy to manipulate, and I love to go to the yearly meeting to politely throw a monkey wrench into just about every stupid rule they try to pass.  No I can't build a shooting range in my backyard,  hunt the geese that land in the cornfield behind my house, leave a junked car or refridgerator  in the front yard, but I knew that before buying the house.

There are two types of people that predominantly populate my subdivision- young couples mostly from rural areas that want to live close enough to work but want to be pretty much left alone, and 'snowbird' retirees whose biggest concerns tend to be about dog feces deposited on their lawns from a few inconsiderate dog owners.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2005, 05:41:51 PM »
Place tinfoil hat on cat. Pop in microwave.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2005, 05:28:50 AM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
"This is the most absurd thread I've ever read."

Just to be clear, in what way?

That HOA's are Stalin's progeny, and a spiritual ode to repression in action?

Or those who think that's ludicrous?
I just wanted to chime in and say that this is in the top 10 of ridiculous threads...and I am referring to the progeny of Stalin idea.

HOA's are a manifestation of liberty, in that they allow private citizens to contract with other private citizens and form agreements as to how they will live.  Once in, they can be changed by mutual consent and can be terminated by leaving/selling.

Like some others have pointed out, if you don't like it, don't buy into it.  There are plenty of other choices.  Better yet, buy a large tract of land and start your own development with whatever rules you want (or have absolutely no rules).

I live in a neighberhood with a HOA.  There are times when I do not like the rules, but I had a copy of them before I bought the house, so I have no room to complain.  I was "elected" to the board several years ago.  Basically, I ran unopposed.  I had to resign because meetings conflicted with work.  Most of the residents never came to the meetings.  Out of about 100 adults, we would get 3 or 4 that showed up to meetings.  Most people didn't care about participating in the decision making process.  OTOH, we would get all sorts of calls, complaining about this and that.

For the most part, I like where I live.  Would I live in another place with a HOA?  Probably not, but that is mostly because I would like to live on some acreage.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2005, 05:34:34 AM »
The picture would be more clear except it's hard to hold cat, camera, and carefully made tinfoil yarmulke (with earholes) together and keep it still
I hear staples come in handy at times like these.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2005, 06:06:52 AM »
"HOA's are a manifestation of liberty, in that they allow private citizens to contract with other private citizens and form agreements as to how they will live."

But, but but but but but but but but...

THAT'S COMMUNISM!!! Wink

Justin

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2005, 07:48:50 AM »
This whole thread just goes to prove my theory:

On the internet, every topic is controversial to someone, somewhere.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2005, 07:51:51 AM »
"On the internet, every topic is controversial to someone, somewhere."

I'M OFFENDED BY THAT!

...has left the building.

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2005, 09:49:43 AM »
Quote from: Justin
This whole thread just goes to prove my theory:

On the internet, every topic is controversial to someone, somewhere.
Very true! But I'd like to add that this thread would only make sense if I were in a shack in Montana crimping blasting caps. Wink

grampster

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2005, 12:50:54 PM »
Ahhhmm, cough; What was it we were talking about???

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2005, 01:27:15 PM »
Ahhhmm, cough; What was it we were talking about???
Since when has that been a problem with THIS group.... Tongue

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2005, 01:51:05 PM »
Forgive me, I haven't read this entire thread, just the original post.

My mother recently moved into a condo built in a planned community.  She read the bylaws and spoke with the association board members, and then decided that this was the place she wanted to live.  She's been quite happy there.

Are you saying my mother is a pinkie communist?

Why, in a free society, should she not have the right to do what she did?

Justin

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2005, 09:18:06 PM »
Very true! But I'd like to add that this thread would only make sense if I were in a shack in Montana crimping blasting caps. wink
I have to wonder, once one reaches that level, do they continue to post on the internet?  My gut feeling says "yes."  But they probably don't tell any of their other shack-dwelling friends at The Annual Convention Of Crazy Loners lest they be lose their membership.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

...has left the building.

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2005, 03:55:27 AM »
Quote from: Justin
Very true! But I'd like to add that this thread would only make sense if I were in a shack in Montana crimping blasting caps. wink
I have to wonder, once one reaches that level, do they continue to post on the internet?  My gut feeling says "yes."  But they probably don't tell any of their other shack-dwelling friends at The Annual Convention Of Crazy Loners lest they be lose their membership.
I would definitely say that yes, they continue to post on the internet. I think you're also right about not telling their compadres, unless they  use the excuse that the "grays" made them do it. Wink