Author Topic: I Feel Sorry for Sane Democrats  (Read 843 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
I Feel Sorry for Sane Democrats
« on: November 09, 2006, 06:59:56 AM »
Y'all will have at least two years of Nancy Pelosi mouthing/mangling Democrat party foreign policy positions for you.

This is just too much:
http://hotair.com/archives/2006/11/08/pelosi-iraq-isnt-a-war-gannett-the-voice-of-the-military/

Lemme see if I can count the faux-pas:
1. The Gannett* newspaper conglomerate is not, "the voice of the military."
2. She lifts her skirt (politicaly speaking) and shows her true colors vis a vis Iraq
3. Anything I missed?

Those of y'all who are relatively sane non-"nutroots" type, I feel for you.  I think the Dems selected a person as their leader (future speaker of House) who makes GWB look well-informed.

* Owns Army/Nay/AF Times newspapers...whose editorial staffs include not one veteran.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: I Feel Sorry for Sane Democrats
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 07:36:49 AM »
Nancy is not going to have an exactly easy time of it. Several of the high-profile "Democrats" are simply anti-Iraq conservatives. "DINO's" in the purest sense of the word. Some of them make Zell Miller look like a lefty&

IMO, Having Nancy as the face of the Democrats for the next two years is going to be a liability with mainstream America. Her status as the left-MSM's media darling/savior is going to backfire somewhat.

IF, and it's admittedly a big "IF", the Republicans take the proper lessons from this and "run like '94" in '08, the Democrats will only enjoy a two or four year run, and those new conservative members will multiply Republican gains.

America had a "breakup" with the Republicans on Tuesday, but all the Democrats managed to do was get themselves a date as the "rebound guy". That's a shakey foundation for maintaining control for much longer than 1-2 election cycles IMO.

It's far from a sure thing, but I think this may all add up to the Democrats "winning the battle, but losing the war", whereas the Republicans "lost the battle, but MAY win the war." in the long haul. If this had to happen, I'd rather it happen now, than in '08. Also, I wasn't aware of this when I made my predictions that the Republicans would hang on with the skin of their teeth, but apparently for them to have held on  when the seated president of the same party was in his second term would have bucked over 100 years of electoral history...

Factors that play to the Republicans advantage, the  demographic shifts (Compound "negative interest" from abortion in voting cohorts, and conservative families trending larger than liberal), districting, fundraising, and slow decline of the left-MSM are all still out there.
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 07:51:57 AM »
Factors in play that are to the Democrats' advantage:
1. Illegal alien influx
2. "Compromise" immigration bill that includes amnesty & citizenship
3. GWB's willingness to sign such a bill
4. Those former amnestied illegals voting in upcoming elections for more welfare state gravy
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 08:16:54 AM »
I'm hoping for some serious infighting.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 02:34:33 PM »
I'm hoping for some serious infighting.

you mean more than what there is already?  I also see a lot of infighting with the Republicans. The moral issues people vs the conservative government people.

-C
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 08:47:56 PM »
Ron Paul in '08!!  cool
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:52 PM »
AJ, I haven't figured out on which forum to congratulate you on your political compass, so just let me do so here.

You are wise beyond your years.

As for the Dems, they would be smart to put Pelosi, Feinstein, Boxer, Kennedy, Schumer, Rangle, Emmanuel, and all of the other ultra-leftists on a Carnival Tour cruise for two years.

Even my Democrat friends are afraid of what those people will do to the party.