Author Topic: Less shooting here...  (Read 682 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Less shooting here...
« on: July 05, 2022, 07:24:18 AM »
Overall, I heard a lot of decent fireworks this past weekend, but a lot less rounds being shot off... I think that the economy starting to have the real suck, combined with ammo prices, has the local miscreants going legit for the celebrations...
Blog under construction

HankB

• friend
Re: Less shooting here...
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 09:12:40 AM »
I'm just west of Austin, TX, and my suburb doesn't allow fireworks. Scofflaws (YAY FOR FIREWORK SCOFFLAWS!) still get them, but locally this year I think there was less 4th of July shooting than there was New Year's Eve shooting. Part of it may be the drought - fire danger apparently made a number of fireworks stands limit the types of fireworks they were selling.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 09:28:36 AM »
We had both fireworks and (safe) shooting here, as per usual. This year a couple of my neighbors went high dollar with some pretty big ass skyrockets and mortars. It was almost like a professional show from my porch.  :laugh:

The good news was that most all of us had irrigated our fields in the last week, so no wildfires.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2022, 04:31:18 PM »
An increase from last year, and judging from the sharpness of the reports and the patterns, there were more gunshots this year.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 06:12:36 PM »
I didn't hear any gun shots this year.  That was strange because we normally hear quite a few.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 07:48:55 PM »
I heard some gun shots yesterday, but I was shooting them (at targets) so it didn't bother me. 

I was visiting my parents and they have a burn ban going in their county.  No fireworks except the paid display in town. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2022, 08:22:55 PM »
Frankly, I'm so zorched from work... I went to bed early on Independence Day, and mostly slept through the stuff...

(I think I hit 40 hours for the week this evening...)
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 08:32:41 PM »
I watched a war movie I hadn't seen before.  Go For Broke!   About the Nisei Japanese-American troops fighting in Europe.  Not great, not too bad either.  The movie fighting probably under represented the casualties those outfits took from what I remember seeing previously. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 11:05:27 PM »
I watched a war movie I hadn't seen before.  Go For Broke!   About the Nisei Japanese-American troops fighting in Europe.  Not great, not too bad either.  The movie fighting probably under represented the casualties those outfits took from what I remember seeing previously. 

I liked that movie.

It was very hot here yesterday. We went to Rich Hill, MO for their big show once the sun started going down. I wasn't up for doing any shooting in the heat or when I got home. I don't lack ammo, just GTF.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG