Author Topic: Don't speak ill of the dead  (Read 669 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Don't speak ill of the dead
« on: July 07, 2022, 05:56:09 PM »
But what if the dead have no redeeming qualities?

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/no-redeeming-qualities-jacksonville-man-114118054.html

Brutal obit penned by the deceased's son. A no holds barred excoriation which only barely manages to not straight-up state "He was a piece of s**t". Apparently the published piece is the nice version, toned down significantly from the original. This guy must have been a real piece of work.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Don't speak ill of the dead
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022, 06:03:15 PM »
"This guy must have been a real piece of work."

Which one?

My father taught me a lot of thigs I should do, and a lot of things I shouldn't do.

Loved him for the former, hated him for the latter.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 07:15:07 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 10:31:20 AM »
When I read stories like this, I thank the Almighty that I had two great parents. I miss them a lot.

I also think that the kid next door when I was growing up could probably pen a savagely uncomplimentary obit for his mother - she certainly gave him plenty of reasons.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 10:32:28 AM »
When I read stories like this, I thank the Almighty that I had two great parents. I miss them a lot.

I also think that the kid next door when I was growing up could probably pen a savagely uncomplimentary obit for his mother - she certainly gave him plenty of reasons.
Ditto on the great parents.  I have no complaints.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 02:24:49 PM »
My parents were pretty good. They had their flaws. But I loved them dearly, and I miss them just as much.

My friend Dave, who I've known since we were kids?

Rarely thinks about his parents, doesn't miss them at all.

That's a hell of a legacy. I've scratched the surface with him on his parents (I knew them fairly well, too), and wow, talk about different people in public vs private.

Fortunately he's managed to chart a very different course with his son. They are very close and talk frequently, even when D is flying (he's the airline pilot).

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 03:12:32 PM »
interesting story.
thanks for posting it, the folks that need to read it probably never will.

"buzzards gotta eat, same as worms"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I6TrGedUn8
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."