Author Topic: Holy cow, 80 ° feels cool.  (Read 490 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Holy cow, 80 ° feels cool.
« on: July 10, 2022, 10:27:31 PM »
Triple digits today, later in the afternoon I took a look at my outside thermometer, saw it was 80° stepped outside, and it felt actually cool.

Had my AC down to 82°, went in and shut it off.

Two power gitches this AM, and a power loss for  an hour around 5:00PM ish.  They had announced the possibility of rolling blackouts about a month ago, so I guess that was what it was.

And His Presidentship is pushing us all to go to electric cars?  Honestly, is he just surrounded by idiots?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Holy cow, 80 ° feels cool.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 10:40:02 PM »
Not idiots.

Believers.

Which is WAY more dangerous...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 10:40:36 PM »
82 on the AC?  What is your humidity there?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 10:52:11 PM »
Right now it's coming up to 40%, can't recapture what it was earlier in the day, but in general, Colorado has pretty low humidity.  Nose-pickin' low. Eyeballs shrivel up low.  Small dead animals mummify before rotting low. Beef jerky is wet low. Toweling off after a shower is not necesary low.

The generally westerly air currents drop a lot of moisture going over two major mountain ranges..

If I did this right, humidity is the green line, third graph down:
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.7836&lon=-105.1675&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

I see Monday the humidity will get down to 11% around 4PM.

Terry, 230RN

ETA  OK, 31%.  They must have revised it between the time I looked at it and now.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 11:10:11 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 10:56:08 PM »
I live in St. Louis. Three good-sized rivers... I'm within about 5-10 miles of each.

I leave my new high-tech AC on "energy mode" during the day, at about 75. Whole small house is pretty livable. At night, I turn it to polar mode, about 67 degrees, shut the bedroom door, and achieve a north pole nirvana.
Blog under construction

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 11:00:45 PM »
Here we haven’t even tickled 80 for a bit.  Had 1 day that might have approached 90, then it promptly dipped back to the mid-60’s.  It hit high 70’s today.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2022, 11:07:52 PM »
I was in Colorado for Independence Day  The weather was wonderful - highs in the low 80's, and dewpoints in the 40's.  Really delightful.  I did some light work and realized afterwards that I wasn't drenched in sweat. Course then I had to come back to Kansas City - when I arrived home the temperature was 93 and the dewpoint was 74....

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2022, 11:34:37 PM »
We're forecast for a stretch of 100° F or higher for 8-10 days in a row starting a week from today but I will be surprised if we don't break 100° before the end of this week.
I am not looking forward to that. They are predicting relative humidity levels a bit lower than typical for this time of year though, mid 30% range for afternoons.

It was only 69° this morning at 0630 when I went out to pick blueberries, pleasant enough but it didn't last long.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2022, 07:14:52 AM »
Saturday it didn't get much above 70-72.

But the humidity for the day was around 100%.

It was god awful walking Seren.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2022, 08:01:48 AM »
Right now it's coming up to 40%, can't recapture what it was earlier in the day, but in general, Colorado has pretty low humidity.  Nose-pickin' low. Eyeballs shrivel up low.  Small dead animals mummify before rotting low. Beef jerky is wet low. Toweling off after a shower is not necesary low.

The generally westerly air currents drop a lot of moisture going over two major mountain ranges..

If I did this right, humidity is the green line, third graph down:
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.7836&lon=-105.1675&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

I see Monday the humidity will get down to 11% around 4PM.

Terry, 230RN

ETA  OK, 31%.  They must have revised it between the time I looked at it and now.
That makes sense.  I haven't seen it cool off here at night much, but humidity is pretty high here by comparison.  I think 60% would be dry down here. 

I spent a short time working near Las Vegas.  It wasn't oppressively hot at the time, but the humidity got down to 6% one day.  It took a few days to get to where I didn't feel hamstrung by the dryness.  Contrary to many who like the dry weather, when I was driving back into Texas, it felt real good to finally feel the humidity on my face as I got into central Texas.  Helped that everything was green also.  There was no grass around Las Vegas.  I think I will let others worry about desert survival. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2022, 10:49:26 PM »
It's been in the triple digits here for the last 15 days, the 10 day forecast is calling for more of the same.

A couple/three years ago we fell one day short of the record for consecutive triple digit days.  I was disappointed to get that close - after being that miserable - and not at least tie the record.

I'm hoping to not reach that level again.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2022, 10:52:41 PM »
88° F @ 2150 local, 56% humidity. Hit 99° officially today I saw 104° in the Jeep temp readout when I went to town about 1800.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2022, 10:58:03 PM »
There was a recording on the machine when I got home tonight.

The water company is instituting severe water restrictions.  (Their word, not mine).  No outside watering except for pets & livestock.

The electric company has warned of possible rolling blackouts.

Looks to be another fun summer.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2022, 11:14:06 PM »
Triple digit heat here as well, in the next 10 days, our few "cool" days will be 95f. Got in the SUV last week to an outside temp if 110. Leather seats get rite toasty!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2022, 11:17:24 PM »
There's a 10% chance of rain showers on Weds....

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2022, 07:49:06 AM »
We are currently in a record "dry spell". Driest 30 day period (from June 11 to July 10) in 100 years. No sign of that letting up anytime soon either.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2022, 08:09:42 AM »
Forecast calls for 99-102 over the next week, then it drops into the mid-90s. It's expected, as it's our hottest time of the year here with the lows not dropping below the 60s. The days at this latitude start to rapidly shorten in August, so temps somewhat moderate. Even if it hits 100, it's for a very short time at the end of the day, and lows are back into the 50s, which seems to always make a big difference for how the day feels.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."