Author Topic: Where do you place the odds of a 50 state sweep by Trump?  (Read 13975 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Where do you place the odds of a 50 state sweep by Trump?
« Reply #75 on: August 25, 2020, 07:21:19 PM »
Well, here you go:

"Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances," Clinton said. "Because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually, I do believe he will win, if we don't give an inch and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hillary-clinton-joe-biden-should-not-concede-on-election-night
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #76 on: August 25, 2020, 07:25:03 PM »
Well, here you go:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hillary-clinton-joe-biden-should-not-concede-on-election-night

In other words they'll keep finding ballots in the back of a station wagon until they have enough
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #77 on: August 25, 2020, 08:00:29 PM »
Trump is up 10 points with independents.

https://saraacarter.com/cbs-trump-up-10-points-among-independents/

Found something that shows some polling put Trump ahead of Biden in battleground states. It's from a month ago.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/07/huge-polls-battleground-states-show-president-trump-crushing-sleepy-joe-biden/
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2020, 08:16:02 PM »
And from the site of the second link is an article covering the same thing but at the bottom the author makes a claim that, in at least, CBS's poll Dems are over-sampled and Reps and Inds are under-sampled and that means Trump is up, overall, by 10 over Biden.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/uh-oh-great-news-trump-campaign-trump-leads-biden-10-points-among-independents/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2020, 08:24:15 PM »
Biden's promise might not sit well with wealthier dems, and I recall several members here predicting the attack on 401Ks.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ebauer/2020/08/25/joe-biden-promises-to-take-away-401k-style-retirement-savings-whats-that-mean/#78353b84eb08

I read this on my phone. If you have an adblocker on your computer, you'll need to do a workaround to read it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2020, 08:43:17 PM »
I don't care about Trump winning in a landslide nearly as much as I care about Republicans keeping the Senate and retaking the House.

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2020, 09:00:46 PM »
Yes those things are more important but I so much want to see the left emotionally crushed.

I want to see their figurative hearts ripped out and stomped on.

And the bigger the win the more pain they will feel.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2020, 10:07:51 PM »
Yes those things are more important but I so much want to see the left emotionally crushed.

I want to see them crushed, driven before me and to hear the lamentations of their she-men.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2020, 11:39:31 PM »
What Warren and Boomhauer said X eleventy.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

just Warren

• friend
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2020, 02:07:37 AM »
Trump and Biden tied in Minnesota.

Minnesota has not voted for an R presidential candidate since 1972.

Doesn't mean they will this time, but a polling tie in such a state is very interesting.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2020, 03:03:13 AM »
In other words they'll keep finding ballots in the back of a station wagon until they have enough

Truer words were never spoken.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2020, 07:18:04 AM »
Personally, I think Trump is a complete idiot and, personality wise, completely unsuited to be President. I wasn't for him the first time around, and I blame his shenanigans in large part for the Republicans losing the House in the by election.

But, the LAST thing I want to see is a Democrat in the White House, to the point where I'll once again hold my nose and vote for Trump.

I really only care about 2 things...

Trump holding the presidency, and the Republicans holding the Senate, because that means one thing... Court appointments.

And the one thing Trump has done right, in my opinion, is his court appointments.

His appointments have swung the balance in the 9th circuit back to Constitutional sanity.

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are both Constitutionalists (FAR more than that moron John Roberts), and if Trump wins the White House again there's a good chance that Trump will get at least one, possibly two, more court appointments, and that would help seal up a Constitutional Supreme Court for the rest of my life.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2020, 07:50:36 AM »
Hear, hear!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2020, 09:25:56 AM »
Trump and Biden tied in Minnesota.

Minnesota has not voted for an R presidential candidate since 1972.

Doesn't mean they will this time, but a polling tie in such a state is very interesting.

Minnesota, home of the Station Wagon of Endless Democrat Ballots
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:32:43 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2020, 09:30:41 AM »
Personally, I think Trump is a complete idiot and, personality wise, completely unsuited to be President. I wasn't for him the first time around, and I blame his shenanigans in large part for the Republicans losing the House in the by election.

But, the LAST thing I want to see is a Democrat in the White House, to the point where I'll once again hold my nose and vote for Trump.

Trump holding the presidency, and the Republicans holding the Senate, because that means one thing... Court appointments.

And the one thing Trump has done right, in my opinion, is his court appointments.

His appointments have swung the balance in the 9th circuit back to Constitutional sanity.

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are both Constitutionalists (FAR more than that moron John Roberts), and if Trump wins the White House again there's a good chance that Trump will get at least one, possibly two, more court appointments, and that would help seal up a Constitutional Supreme Court for the rest of my life.
I agree on the goals.  

I think the mid-terms had a lot to do with all the Russia-gate conspiracy and the fact that far too many people believed it.  And Congressional Republicans were keeping their distance from Trump.  They didn't pass any useful legislation until the tax cut and let Senate Democrats hold their spending bills hostage.  The Republican House could have inserted all sorts of useful things into the spending bills, but never did.  

As far as goals, it would be nice if Republicans could gain enough in the Senate to get 60 votes.  I won't hold my breath waiting for it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2020, 09:33:34 AM »

The biggest thing I want to see is that riots and violence are a BIG LOSER at the ballot box.  If Democrats win, I fear it will just promote the idea that chaos and rioting is the way to push around the electorate and we will see that tactic repeated over and over again in the future.  If it loses big enough, they won't repeat it for a long while. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2020, 09:40:00 AM »
The biggest thing I want to see is that riots and violence are a BIG LOSER at the ballot box.  If Democrats win, I fear it will just promote the idea that chaos and rioting is the way to push around the electorate and we will see that tactic repeated over and over again in the future.  If it loses big enough, they won't repeat it for a long while.  

Last time we had large violent nationwide riots was 1968 which was also an election year with Johnson as President. The election was Humphrey vs Nixon. Nixon won that one. The period before that 1965-67 wasn't quiet either, many consider the 1967 Detroit riot the largest in US history.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:33:23 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2020, 09:59:44 AM »

On the personality part I tell people DJT is an idiot and they get all hopeful. But then I tell them he is my idiot. I think he has done far more than judicial appointments. Top of my list is recasting our relationship with other countries(if an East German is pissed, I approve), slowing the velocity of executive branch power grab, and signaling a business friendly environment that helps us all. The list goes on, a lot of good got done.

Back on the personality I go back to my poker playing analogy. I have played poker against the caricature that trump presents. It is a common figure at the table. The guy is loud, dressed extravagantly, criticizes everyone’s play, makes huge splashy bets from anywhere, grabs the waitress’ ass, etc. Beats you or others with things he had no business playing. You seeth, you plot revenge he lives in your head. And at the end of the night you look and he has near all the money.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2020, 10:09:04 AM »
I think the biggest differences between the 60s protests and the current one(s) is that most of the current protests are over largely self induced injustices and we also have one of the major parties, the one that just so happens to be largely responsible for those self induced injustices, openly green lighting much of it for political gain.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 10:22:07 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2020, 10:22:27 AM »
The biggest thing I want to see is that riots and violence are a BIG LOSER at the ballot box.  If Democrats win, I fear it will just promote the idea that chaos and rioting is the way to push around the electorate and we will see that tactic repeated over and over again in the future.  If it loses big enough, they won't repeat it for a long while. 

This.

Also, if Trump deserves some blame for losing the House, the rest of the party deserves more. From the leadership on down, they should have rallied around the party's leader, and pushed through a free-market healthcare reform bill, wall funding, and some kind of major reform of gun laws. And Sessions should never have recused.

Comey should have been gone from day one, but that was Trump's screw-up.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2020, 10:23:36 AM »
"Also, if Trump deserves some blame for losing the House, the rest of the party deserves more. From the leadership on down, they should have rallied around the party's leader, and pushed through a free-market healthcare reform bill, wall funding, and some kind of major reform of gun laws. And Sessions should never have recused. "

Oh, I'm not in the least disputing that, but as Harry Truman said,  the buck stops here.

He's the putative leader of the Republican party, and heavy is the crown on the head that wears it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2020, 10:26:15 AM »
This.

Also, if Trump deserves some blame for losing the House, the rest of the party deserves more. From the leadership on down, they should have rallied around the party's leader, and pushed through a free-market healthcare reform bill, wall funding, and some kind of major reform of gun laws. And Sessions should never have recused.

Comey should have been gone from day one, but that was Trump's screw-up.

Never underestimate the republican party's ability to shoot itself in the foot mere inches from the finish line.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2020, 10:27:59 AM »
"Also, if Trump deserves some blame for losing the House, the rest of the party deserves more. From the leadership on down, they should have rallied around the party's leader, and pushed through a free-market healthcare reform bill, wall funding, and some kind of major reform of gun laws. And Sessions should never have recused. "

Oh, I'm not in the least disputing that, but as Harry Truman said,  the buck stops here.

He's the putative leader of the Republican party, and heavy is the crown on the head that wears it.

Yeah but he inherited most of the party clowns
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2020, 10:46:48 AM »

Oh, I'm not in the least disputing that, but as Harry Truman said,  the buck stops here.

With all due respect to Harry Truman's pet phrase, it doesn't really change the facts of who did what, or what they should have done better.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2020, 10:51:48 AM »
"Yeah but he inherited most of the party clowns"

Every president inherits party clowns.

Reagan and Bush II never held Federal office, inherited their party clowns, and did one hell of a lot better job of working with them than the current President has.

Granted, there were some in the party who were not going to work with him from the get go, but I still say that a lot of that stems from his actions on the campaign trail. He was laying the groundwork for being a fairly despicable person even then and people were distancing themselves from him.

So yeah, the buck stops there, Fistful, because he IS the buck. A leader is supposed to lead, and part of that means not actively going to war with the people in your party over what are often the damned stupidest things, doing it VERY publicly and doing it again and again.

Once again, his personality is completely unsuited to being president. Corporate leader yes. But the presidency isn't a corporation. You don't get to dictate.