Author Topic: Texas man shoots driver in car  (Read 1934 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Texas man shoots driver in car
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2021, 12:41:05 PM »
<evil>

Sounds like another "living while impaired" beer meets beer situation.

</evil>
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2021, 01:10:29 PM »
You do if you know you don't want to be rude and shine your bright vehicle lights into someones house at night, but need to check you phone for directions to where you are going.

No you don't.  You back out and turn around, and park on the side of the road while you check your phone.  You probably should have done that before you pull into a driveway to turn around.
"It's good, though..."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2021, 03:40:43 PM »
I'm one of those people with over a quarter mile driveway. If someone turns in my drive at night and turns the lights off it is normally a state trooper running radar and looking for drunken cowboys. Running up to him or her might not end well.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2021, 11:57:55 AM »
Jim147 related:

"I'm one of those people with over a quarter mile driveway. If someone turns in my drive at night and turns the lights off it is normally a state trooper running radar and looking for drunken cowboys. Running up to him or her might not end well."

Heh.  Late 1970s. My farm about 2AM, two miles out of town, woke up to the sound of a car on the gravel in the driveway.  Could not see the car from my bedroom window.  Grabbed my bedroom shotgun (BRSG) and rushed downstairs and looked out the window to see it was a Highway Patrol car.  Leaned BRSG against the wall and went outside.

Nobody in patrol car.  Nobody in barnyard parking area.  WTF?

We had indoor plumbing, but the place still had a WPA (Works Progress Administration) one-hole outhouse, which we (I) rarely used, near another outbuilding.

Noticed some light coming out of the outhouse cracks, then the door opened and a Trooper came out with his flashlight.  Shined it on me.

Upshot:  Previous owner had given him permission to use the outhouse if need be, had never told me about it. Pleasant conversation, "Any time you need to stop, go ahead."  Next day I put fresh TP and a flashlight out there.

Sidelight.  One day I noticed the "2 X 4"s looked big.  Measured them.  They were an actual two inches by an actual four inches.  Amazing.

Terry

REF (WPA. Article doesn't mention a lot of private projects, which constituted part of the "boondoggle."  I won't tell anybody if you won't):

https://www.history.com/topics/great-depression/works-progress-administration

The barnyard with my LTD out there.  Outhouse does not appear in this pic.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 12:20:52 PM by 230RN »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2021, 12:41:55 PM »
"Sidelight.  One day I noticed the "2 X 4"s looked big.  Measured them.  They were an actual two inches by an actual four inches.  Amazing."

It wasn't until the 1960s that the 2x4 became standardized at the nominal 3.5x1.5 inches.

Before that you'd likely see actual dimensional lumber.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2021, 05:57:50 PM »
I still have a little real 2x4 oak around here. I use them for barrel vises.

I have a good friend in town that has an incredible brick *expletive deleted*it house in his back yard. I just have the old little wood one.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2021, 08:32:08 PM »
"Sidelight.  One day I noticed the "2 X 4"s looked big.  Measured them.  They were an actual two inches by an actual four inches.  Amazing."

It wasn't until the 1960s that the 2x4 became standardized at the nominal 3.5x1.5 inches.

Before that you'd likely see actual dimensional lumber.

They went through two intermediate stages on the way: 1-3/4 x 3-3/4, and then 1-5/8 x 3-5/8. The house I grew up in and still live in was built in 1950. The 2x4s measure 1-5/8 x 3-9/16, and that's after 70+ years of drying and shrinkage.

The 1-1/2 x 3-1/2 became the standard around 1975, IIRC.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2021, 08:37:45 PM »
Can you guys stop comparing your wood?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2021, 09:02:28 PM »
^ That was a gut bustin' knee slapper.
Needed a laugh.  Hallowe'en soon, almost nothing but horror movies on TV.  Watching Fronkensteen now which at least doesn't have someone getting smooshed by a hydraulic press and...and has Teri Garr in it.  <BP spike>.....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 03:48:58 PM by 230RN »

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2021, 11:23:20 PM »
Damn.

Gene Wilder, Peter Boyle, Marty Feldman, Cloris Leachman, and Madeline Khan are all gone now.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2021, 03:51:54 PM »
Can you guys stop comparing your wood?

As long as it isn't "morning wood" they are comparing !  :rofl:

In addition to Wilder and company, add Kenneth Mars too.  Of the main cast, only Terri Garr is left and she is in her mid-70s.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2021, 06:59:42 PM »
back in the good old days when I lived off grid north of nowhere Nevada - it was the beginning of burning man season .
We had a long, dirt/gravel driveway with big signs warning you to stop because guns were being used - stupid L.A types drove all the way to the front door.
 They thought the signs were a joke and that they were on burningman property.
I was going to yell at them but one was a really pretty girl
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2021, 05:47:29 PM »
As long as it isn't "morning wood" they are comparing !  :rofl:

In addition to Wilder and company, add Kenneth Mars too.  Of the main cast, only Terri Garr <BP spike> is left and she is in her mid-70s.

Ah, but she'll still be Roberta Lincoln in "Assignment: Earth" to me. <BP spike>

There was April Tatro as Isis the cat, too, but that wasn't Terri Garr. <BP spike>

Gary Seven: "That, Miss Lincoln, is simply my cat."

« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 06:28:14 PM by 230RN »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2021, 09:39:44 PM »
Ah, but she'll still be Roberta Lincoln in "Assignment: Earth" to me. <BP spike>

There was April Tatro as Isis the cat, too, but that wasn't Terri Garr. <BP spike>

Gary Seven: "That, Miss Lincoln, is simply my cat."

That episode was to be a pilot for a spinoff series of the same name.  Unfortunately it didn't work out.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2021, 08:09:45 AM »
Sorry, MillCreek, but this incidental sidelight by me (Reply # 28) seems to have taken your thread off in new directions:

A strange case deserving of more direct attention.

Mea culpa.

Penitent Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 08:27:16 AM by 230RN »

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2021, 10:28:21 PM »
That episode was to be a pilot for a spinoff series of the same name.  Unfortunately it didn't work out.

And that was a shame because the interplay between Garr and Tatro would have been epic !  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2021, 07:15:49 PM »
Well, back to the veer, I guess  Sorry.

Agreed.  Just watching it for the original showing, I thought it was kind of weird that they just showed the cat's human form briefly (April Tatro) and that was that. Fade to theme.

Wasn't until I hit the information on the net decades later that I found out about the "pilot" dealie.  That explained a lot, and I agree with you.

I wonder how they'd have handled that... sisterhood, one complementing the other in Gary Seven's adventures, one-upmanship one-upwomanhip (meow!) with the winner "purring"(!)....?

I even wondered if there might have been an uprising from the public about some kind of "bestiality" question.  They probably tiptoed around that before abandoning the project. (Remember: It was 1968.)

Kinda too bad, because Ms. Tatro was a very attractive lady, even though Ms. Garr <BP spike> plucked my heartstrings.

(Sorries again, MillCreek.   But, you know.... APS.)

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 07:35:45 PM by 230RN »