Author Topic: Good For Elon Musk  (Read 959 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Good For Elon Musk
« on: November 01, 2021, 07:57:20 AM »
Bond Villain Elon Musk has a great response to people demanding that he pay to stop world hunger:

Musk tweeted that if the UN program can "describe on this Twitter thread exactly how $6B will solve world hunger, I will sell Tesla stock right now and do it." He called on transparent and open accounting.

Musk indicated that it is not that simple. He responded to a post from an AI researcher who pointed out that the WFP raised $8.4 billion in 2020. He asked why it "didn’t solve world hunger" then. The WFP's website said it was still $5.3 billion short of the amount needed. The agency did not immediately respond to an email from Fox News.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/musk-would-liquidate-tesla-shares-to-solve-world-hunger-if-un-can-explain-how-money-would-be-spent
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Good For Elon Musk
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 08:12:45 AM »
Dear Mr. Musk:

In response, here is the accounting of how we would spend $5.3 billion to solve world hunger. Please forward your check, payable to the UN.

Administrative fees (including bribes and graft) at UN HQ -- $1 billion
Administrative fees, international (including bribes and graft) -- $1 billion
Advertising costs to show how good a job we're doing. --$0.5 billion
Executive transportation fees to administer food relief -- $1.5 billion
Coordination costs, studies to determine best distribution methods, etc. -- $0.75 billion
Fees to dispose of rotted/decayed/out of date food relief -- $0.25 billion
Incidental fees -- $0.2 billion
Happy Meals for 30 starving children --$0.1 billion

As you can see, we have done a tremendous amount to solve world hunger, but so much more remains to be done, so please continue to donate.

Hugs and kisses,

The United Nations
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 08:45:48 AM »

. . . Happy Meals for 30 starving children --$0.1 billion . . .

And to demonstrate fiscal responsibility, this would include franchise fees for Hunter Biden's new McDonald's restaurant in the starving nation of Monaco.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 09:01:38 AM »
Worst would be if he was shown and paid up. So little of the aid reaches those in need, governments or forces in control hold up he aid to gain power, starve enemies and get more bribes. Solve more of the worlds problems if we just bomb the UN.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 10:00:56 AM »
Another story with more info. The UN rep that started it all seems to basically be saying, "trust us". Kinda like "we have to pass it to see what's in it."

https://www.businessinsider.com/musk-sell-tesla-stock-if-6-billion-solves-world-hunger-2021-11
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 10:55:59 AM »
Worst would be if he was shown and paid up. So little of the aid reaches those in need, governments or forces in control hold up he aid to gain power, starve enemies and get more bribes. Solve more of the worlds problems if we just bomb the UN.
Many times the aid is just handed directly over to the corrupt 3rd world govts.  Most of it probably ends up in off shore accounts. 

Many on the left have this view that money equals "problems solved" when that is very far from the truth.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 11:01:22 AM »
Another story with more info. The UN rep that started it all seems to basically be saying, "trust us". Kinda like "we have to pass it to see what's in it."

https://www.businessinsider.com/musk-sell-tesla-stock-if-6-billion-solves-world-hunger-2021-11

He also clarified that the UN World Food Programme had never said $6 billion would "solve world hunger," which is the wording Musk used on Twitter. "This is a one-time donation to save 42 million lives during this unprecedented hunger crisis," he tweeted.
I think that quote pretty much sums up what you said. 

Reality is it would fund more bureaucracy and corruption so the problem will be worse in the long run. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 11:13:51 AM »
Many times the aid is just handed directly over to the corrupt 3rd world govts.  Most of it probably ends up in off shore accounts. 

Many on the left have this view that money equals "problems solved" when that is very far from the truth.

A poet once said:

Quote from: Notorious B.I.G
Mo Money, Mo Problems

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2021, 11:33:46 AM »
When was the last time the UN solved anything if ever?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2021, 12:13:39 PM »
When was the last time the UN solved anything if ever?

Well they kept genocide from happening in Rawan.... oh, umm... well, they partitioned up the middle east and created a peacef...  hmm.  Well at least the security counsel kept nuclear weapons under control, can you imagine what would happen if hotspots like India and Pakistan got.... wait.  Okay, they got involved keeping the peace in the congo in 1960, and that one didn't result in... umm...

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2021, 12:23:49 PM »
Well they kept genocide from happening in Rawan.... oh, umm... well, they partitioned up the middle east and created a peacef...  hmm.  Well at least the security counsel kept nuclear weapons under control, can you imagine what would happen if hotspots like India and Pakistan got.... wait.  Okay, they got involved keeping the peace in the congo in 1960, and that one didn't result in... umm...
Don't forget the Korean War Police Action.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2021, 12:30:43 PM »
They’ve been quite successful in (temporarily) sating the sexual urges of the pedophiles in their midst by sending them to oversee aid to vulnerable people.
Formerly sumpnz

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2021, 12:50:05 PM »
They've seen to it that UN diplomats don't have to pay any parking fines in NYC . . .

They've seen to it that UN diplomats aren't restricted by NYC's gun laws (note pistol holster protruding below Arafat's jacket in 1974)

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2021, 01:16:33 PM »
"They've seen to it that UN diplomats don't have to pay any parking fines in NYC . . .

They've seen to it that UN diplomats aren't restricted by NYC's gun laws (note pistol holster protruding below Arafat's jacket in 1974)"

They're considered to be diplomats under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2021, 03:15:20 PM »

"We have to inject it into children to see how safe it is."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2021, 06:29:37 PM »
Sometime in the future, Musk will possess the capability of dropping a large bar of tungsten from orbit.

Heh.
Blog under construction

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2021, 06:40:35 PM »
Sometime in the future, Musk will possess the capability of dropping a large bar of tungsten from orbit.

Heh.
Yeah like next Tuesday.

He already put a car out of the gravity well.  How big a tungsten rod do you want?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2021, 08:22:44 PM »
Yeah like next Tuesday.

He already put a car out of the gravity well.  How big a tungsten rod do you want?

Smod size.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2021, 08:27:54 PM »
Rods from God!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2021, 10:13:30 AM »
Rods from God!

Some of those would work nicely.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2021, 07:12:05 PM »

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden