Author Topic: So that's why they're called Leftists !  (Read 637 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
So that's why they're called Leftists !
« on: November 07, 2021, 01:53:55 AM »

The "bread" level is about 91 and below, the "circuses" level is about 86 and below.

Yeah, I know, we're not supposed to denigrate whole classes of people, but the temptation was too great.

Terry hobbles away on his high speed racing cane.

Pic credit in properties
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 01:09:11 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: So that's why they're called Leftists !
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 07:56:30 AM »
I shall, of course, differ...

Given the popularity of TV Wrasslin, if the distribution runs true, there should be a metric bleepton of geniuses.

"Why did you vote for Obviously Bad Candidate Who Wants You Laid Off?"

"My daddy was a democrat, and always voted straight ticket."

"Is that why you just changed the oil in your MicroTurboCar, and used 20w-50? Instead of the Ow-16 that is recommended?"

"Yup. That's the strongest lubricant! Them car people don't want them to last. My daddy always used that in the Buick."
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 08:40:09 AM »
One of the things I’ve observed is the leftists claim to be far smarter than us because Of their college educated superiority but in reality other than making up a bunch of woke babble most of them are *expletive deleted*ing idiots who usually cannot hold jobs of substance and their online walks of text screeching goes nowhere structurally or argumentatively. The smart ones of them are the manipulators of the dumber ones.

One of the big anti leftist groups I follow heavily on Facebook is quite full of very intelligent types of all backgrounds. They tend, no matter education level to be well written, able to make solid points, and most interesting of all come up with analysis of points you wouldn’t normally have thought of about what the left is trying to do.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 12:09:27 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 10:18:53 AM »
What Boomhauer said.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 01:40:17 PM »
"The smart ones of them are the manipulators of the dumber ones."

Amen.  The terms :"useful idiots" and "lemmings" come to mind.

I've often felt that the reason so many wealthy and accomplished people can "go for" and support the Leftist line is that they are jockeying for Position and Power when Leftism ultimately becomes the law of the land.

Yes, cogent points can be made for some Leftist positions, usually based on "helping" the "downtrodden" or otherwise legitimately incapacitated people, and that's of course valid in terms of a community effort to help.  But manufacturing  downtrodden folks for the purpose of generating a voting base is just a general Leftist strategy...

..and they're damned good at it.

I'm reminded of  the punchline of an old joke where a Leftist speaker is haranguing a crowd...

"Come the Revolution and you will all be driving Cadillacs !"

Voice from the crowd:  "But I don't want to drive a Cadillac."

Speaker hollers back, "Come the revolution you will drive what you're damned well told to drive !"

Ayup.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 01:56:44 PM by 230RN »

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 05:08:04 PM »

The "bread" level is about 91 and below, the "circuses" level is about 86 and below.

Yeah, I know, we're not supposed to denigrate whole classes of people, but the temptation was too great.

Terry hobbles away on his high speed racing cane.

Pic credit in properties

Nah. It's from being "left behind" at the end of the skool year.

Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 08:11:43 PM »
I do not think there is a correlation between being stupid and leftist.

Some of political orientation it is basic personality types, and genetics likely plays a role in this.

Some of it is indoctrination.

Some of it is basic moral and religious values, or lack thereof.

Sometimes people are leftist because it helps them (gets them jobs, money, subsidies, etc).

I work with a lot of intelligent leftists.  I don't talk about politics with them.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2021, 10:42:34 PM »
Intelligence does not guarantee rational or reasonable thought.  Most of the highly edumacated people I know with advanced degrees are blithering idiots when it comes to everyday life and the workplace.    Most of them have insinuated themselves in various and sundry occupations based upon the degrees they have.  They have no experience at what they do.  They do make a good deal of money, though.  The ones I knew in my business went a long way toward ruining the businesses they "manage".  It was the MBAs that made it so you can't call a business today without being transferred 5 times, being on hold for 30 minutes and speaking with someone who has English as a 2nd language.

They also do not have much of an understanding about the reality of daily life.  They live in a fantasy world from hanging out with their tribe of equally ignorant intelligent critters.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2021, 11:09:18 AM »
Regarding the "college educated", great example of how they think they are better than you and me (and I say this as someone with an advanced science degree who also doesn't "vote correctly". I guarantee I have more formal education than this person who complains about people with "little education"):

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/11/08/muh-college-amy-siskind-raging-at-racist-non-college-educated-white-women-over-youngkin-va-victory-goes-oh-so-very-wrong/

Oh, also - good comment in the link: Why do they always only disparage white people who don't have a college degree?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2021, 11:30:40 AM »
I never had much respect for a generic college degree.  I guess the engineering students always looked down a bit on other students.  What people studied to get a degree is more important than just saying they have a degree.  That said, I knew a number of people from high school who started to go to college, but dropped out for a multitude of reasons.  Some ended up going back. 

As far as just educating yourself and gaining wisdom, there are lots of different ways to do that.  College doesn't really teach that.  At most, you could say college can give you the tools to learn and problem solve (depending on the degree).  A lot of people are not willing to discuss and debate serious topics so they never really develop any personal philosophy or test that philosophy with self analysis and friendly debate.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2021, 05:46:35 PM »
I asked someone how they got a particular bit of information.

Answer?  "Google U."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2021, 07:02:34 PM »
The security guys at the research labs where I used to work would do a loop of all the parking lots at about 0930.

They were looking for cars with the lights on.

They were looking for cars with doors open.

They were looking for cars with the engines still running.

And their owners would be happily in their labs doing whatever they had dreamt about all night...

They might be trying to plug their computer's power strip into itself, but they could map enzymes...
Blog under construction