Author Topic: Dean Stockwell dies at age 85  (Read 405 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Dean Stockwell dies at age 85
« on: November 09, 2021, 08:45:14 AM »
https://nypost.com/2021/11/09/dean-stockwell-quantum-leap-blue-velvet-dune-dead-at-85/

We probably know him best from 'Dune', 'Quantum Leap' and 'Battlestar Galactica'.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Dean Stockwell dies at age 85
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 08:50:36 AM »
Sad to hear. 

I think he was in some Outer Limits episodes also, but memory is hazy.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 08:50:50 AM »
Dean Stockwell will be missed.  He was a great character actor, adding to every production he was in.
Rest in Peace, Mr. Stockwell.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 09:35:20 AM »
RIP Mr. Stockwell

He almost never played the main character but he always brought class to the part no matter how small.

Don't forget he also was Dr. Yueh in the 1984 Dune
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 09:37:31 AM »
I didn't care for his politics but he was one helluva good character actor. Prolific, too (200+ credits). McHale's Navy (the movie remake) is one of my guilty pleasures and his character is one of the reasons why.

RIP.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 09:46:30 AM »
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001777/

Long list of movies and shows back to 1945. 

I didn't see The Outer Limits, but I do see Twilight Zone episodes which might be what I was thinking of.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 09:52:40 AM »
Holy crap, he was in A Quality of Mercy. I had NO idea that was him. One of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes.

He was also in Gentleman's Agreement, a really good Gregory Peck movie. I don't remember him in it, though.

Looking through his credits he worked with some of the biggest stars of the 20th century.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2021, 10:18:31 AM »
I didn't care for his politics but he was one helluva good character actor.

I wasn't even aware of his politics, which already makes him an alright guy as far as I'm concerned. I always liked his acting. RIP.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2021, 10:42:57 AM »
Dammit Al...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2021, 03:54:22 PM »
One of his childhood roles was the "crippled" boy in "The Secret Garden".
A funny man and a good actor. R.I.P. Robert Dean Stockwell.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”