Author Topic: Hillary's rope line to control press  (Read 2444 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Hillary's rope line to control press
« on: July 05, 2015, 07:54:41 AM »
http://twitchy.com/2015/07/04/press-lapdogs-herded-like-sheep-hillary-clinton-aides-corral-journalists-with-rope-lines-photos/

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/press-roped-down-aides-hillary-event_984950.html

1 - The "press" went along without any protest

2 - Let's see what happens when one of the R candidates tries that

3 - Hillary said nothing against it

The words coming out of my mind (let alone out of my mouth) are not fit for transmission over federally controlled communications media.

To their credit, ABC News carried the story http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-reporters-moving-rope-line-hampshire-parade/story?id=32225818

WaPo had a few things to say about what they were told/figured out was the reason  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/07/04/clinton-campaign-gives-new-meaning-to-the-term-rope-line-at-new-hampshire-parade/

CNN gave a different explanation http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/04/politics/hillary-clinton-rope-line-reporters/

The Daily Mail used the incident to go over some other things Hillary's campaign has done to the foreign press http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3149641/Hillary-s-wrangling-reporters-Presidential-candidate-uses-two-aides-rope-journalists-away-Fourth-July-parade.html

HuffPost did carry the story but made no comment  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/04/hillary-clinton-rope-reporters_n_7727466.html

I'm beginning to believe the recent coronation was just a dress rehearsal for what's coming.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Hillary's rope line to control press
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 08:58:01 AM »
It's a mystery to me how anyone could possibly consider her a viable candidate for even a nanosecond. She obviously thinks rules don't apply to her and that whatever she wants to do must be acceptable to everyone.

I still can't believe that she isn't in prison over the private e-mail server. If there wasn't a law about that, her antics show that there needs to be a law.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 09:11:09 AM »
It's a mystery to me how anyone could possibly consider her a viable candidate for even a nanosecond. She obviously thinks rules don't apply to her and that whatever she wants to do must be acceptable to everyone.

And you think these things make her a less viable candidate?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 12:38:56 PM »
 [tinfoil]
I may need to double up on the tinfoil.
I've got a sinking feeling that the fix is in. Hillary will be the next president and she knows it. That's why her campaign is such a sham. It's a done deal and all the gyrations are just bread and circuses for the masses.
 [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 02:06:10 PM »
[tinfoil]
I've got a sinking feeling that the fix is in. Hillary will be the next president and she knows it. That's why her campaign is such a sham. It's a done deal and all the gyrations are just bread and circuses for the masses.
 [tinfoil]
I'm thinking the same thing. And I wonder just how many fixes there were in the past. [tinfoil]
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 02:10:49 PM »
[tinfoil]
 [tinfoil]

No need for a fix. There are plenty of the FSA and liberals to put the Dem candidate in office while the GOP is busy tripping over itself in the race to full retardness.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 02:16:54 PM »
No need for a fix. There are plenty of the FSA and liberals to put the Dem candidate in office while the GOP is busy tripping over itself in the race to full retardness.

Yeah, Nikki Haley is now "Vice Presidential material" because she said, "Take down that flag!" We're electing people based on sound bites and viral URLs. The Internet has turned voters into 'Look! A squirrel!" immediate gratification decision makers.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 02:21:52 PM »
Yeah, Nikki Haley is now "Vice Presidential material" because she said, "Take down that flag!" We're electing people based on sound bites and viral URLs. The Internet has turned voters into 'Look! A squirrel!" immediate gratification decision makers.

IMHO Haley may have been VP material before she went full retard with the flag, but not now. A knee jerk reaction based on Teh Feelz! after a tragedy is not an ideal quality in a leader IMHO. It's the kind of crap that leads to the restrictions of rights, like when politicians push for gun restrictions after a mass shooting. Not saying Haley would push for gun restrictions, just saying knee jerk "Do Something!" reactions are not a desired quality at all.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »
[tinfoil]
 [tinfoil]

I think it's more likely she will have a spectacular fall from grace and they'll use that to sneak in someone worse, someone no one saw coming because we were all focused on the Hillary hijinks.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »
just saying knee jerk "Do Something!" reactions are not a desired quality at all.

Exactly.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 02:39:50 PM »

Ever considered that this is by design? [tinfoil]
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »
http://twitchy.com/2015/07/04/press-lapdogs-herded-like-sheep-hillary-clinton-aides-corral-journalists-with-rope-lines-photos/

1 - The "press" went along without any protest

Okay so this  made CNN with one of the reporters complaining.  The anchor asked her then why they don't just refuse to comply and she complained that the staffers use the SS to enforce such type bs.
So why....why don't the press just walk off and leave Hillary without any coverage?   :facepalm:  No *expletive deleted*ing backbone.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

griz

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 06:44:12 PM »
It's actually comical.  She, or at least the people in charge of her, wanted to maintain the illusion of a woman of the people, and still have a cushion of space between her and the unwashed.  Or even those reporting to the unwashed.  I can see why cutting the rope would bring undue attention in these security paranoid times, but has everybody forgotten how to play tug-of-war?  She is a walking charade.

Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 07:28:31 PM »
I think it's more likely she will have a spectacular fall from grace and they'll use that to sneak in someone worse, someone no one saw coming because we were all focused on the Hillary hijinks.

That's basically how 0bama jumped from an obscure IL state senator to the US Senate.  And the rest, as they say, is history.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 07:32:43 PM »
That's basically how 0bama jumped from an obscure IL state senator to the US Senate.  And the rest, as they say, is history.

Yup. Who knew that the Borg actually created a temporal rift to come back in time and assimilate us.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 08:10:24 PM »
If "the fix is in" and suddenly half of the electorate sees that there is no reason to get involved anymore and views the system as inimical to them what happens then?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 09:13:54 PM »
If "the fix is in" and suddenly half of the electorate sees that there is no reason to get involved anymore and views the system as inimical to them what happens then?

Greece, part 2: The US Edition.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 10:11:33 PM »

Exactly, it worked the first time, I'm sure the Dems think it will work again.

And Hillary does make for a perfect fall guy.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 02:02:48 PM »
The rope needs to be carried a bit higher, then tied in a knot.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 04:56:28 PM »
I think it's more likely she will have a spectacular fall from grace and they'll use that to sneak in someone worse,

Anybody got a few million tons of concrete they don't need? I want to put it over Ted Kennedy's grave, just in case.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 05:07:24 PM »
He also had someone steal the sealed court records from the Republican oponents divorce and publicized allegations by the wife.  Instead of ignoring the whole thing and letting him win the election, National Republicans pressured the guy to quit, ceding the election to Obama.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 06:51:30 PM »
News video from wherever she was today shows free-range press.  Significantly fewer press, but not held back by a rope corral.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2015, 09:30:25 AM »
IMHO Haley may have been VP material before she went full retard with the flag, but not now. A knee jerk reaction based on Teh Feelz! after a tragedy is not an ideal quality in a leader IMHO. It's the kind of crap that leads to the restrictions of rights, like when politicians push for gun restrictions after a mass shooting. Not saying Haley would push for gun restrictions, just saying knee jerk "Do Something!" reactions are not a desired quality at all.

Indeed.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton