Author Topic: 4 officers dead 4 wounded in Charlotte  (Read 61 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
4 officers dead 4 wounded in Charlotte
« on: April 30, 2024, 07:57:54 AM »
They were serving a warrant for firearm possession by a convicted felon when shoots were fired
Police believe two shooters were involved (unconfirmed) one dead
The dead officers include 3 US Marshals

Charlotte shooting: 4 law enforcement officers killed, 4 injured as US Marshals Task Force served warrant
https://www.foxnews.com/us/charlotte-shooting-law-enforcement-officers-killed-injured-marshals-task-force-served-warrant

Main suspect had a lengthy criminal record. Yeah I know, shocker

PICTURED: Firearms felon Terry Clark Hughes who opened fire on Charlotte cops as they came to arrest him setting off gun fight that left 4 officers dead and 4 more wounded
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13366093/Firearms-felon-Terry-Clark-Hughes-Charlotte-gun-fight-4-officers-dead.html
Firearms felon Terry Clark Hughes has been revealed as the suspect who opened fire at cops at a North Carolina home as they came to arrest him, after he set off a gun fight that left four officers dead and four more wounded.

The suspect had a lengthy criminal history and was wanted for possession of a firearm by felon, and felony flee to elude out of Lincoln County, before he was shot dead on Monday, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Re: 4 officers dead 4 wounded in Charlotte
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2024, 09:41:42 AM »
The article didn't have a lot of details.  I may have misread.  Sounded like the first officer was killed in the initial shots with the suspect (who was killed) and the others were shot by fire from inside.  I would be curious to see more tactical details.  Then they ramped up things and brought in the armored vehicles.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge