Author Topic: Jericho Season Finale  (Read 1670 times)

SomeKid

Jericho Season Finale
« on: March 28, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »
The show has had some really silly points, and sometimes the story has holes. However, in the last episode (ever I guess, since it was canceled again) they pretty much redeemed it within the first 3 minutes (in a very gun related way). It has another really great scene about 31 minutes into it.

For those who saw it, what did you think? Personally, if every episode was this good, I don't think it ever would have been canceled.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Jericho Season Finale
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 02:51:28 PM »
Was that the one where they kidnapped the nuke? I can see why it was cancelled.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 03:25:53 PM »
IMO, just seeing Jake and Hawkins crash the gate for "political asylum" at the Embassy of the Independent Republic of Texas was worth watching the entire season and a half..  cheesy

If this WAS where the writers were going from the beginning, a show about "The second American Civil War", I do kind of think it was kind of imaginative on their part. That the self-inflicted nuclear attack was simply a device to set the stage for that, and not the main thrust of the story itself.

Of course the downside is that a thinly re-named Blackwater and Haliburton were the bad guys was knee-jerk liberalism and tinfoil-hattery at it's best.

They should have just let it be Iran and NK, and let the domestic bad-guys just come out of the woodwork naturally from the old "power corrupts" meme...
I promise not to duck.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 04:22:38 PM »
My jaw kinda hit the ground when they started talking about the lack of a 2nd Amendment in the new Constitution and how it was hard to rebel against the govt if you were disarmed.

Chris

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 06:48:28 PM »
My jaw kinda hit the ground when they started talking about the lack of a 2nd Amendment in the new Constitution and how it was hard to rebel against the govt if you were disarmed.

Chris

Same here.
Andy

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 07:43:07 PM »
Yeah, that was definitely refreshing. 

I also liked seeing Eric getting it done with his M1 in the last few episodes.  Not sure why, but seeing that gave me some warm fuzzies.

SomeKid

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 08:14:37 PM »
Yeah, that was definitely refreshing. 

I also liked seeing Eric getting it done with his M1 in the last few episodes.  Not sure why, but seeing that gave me some warm fuzzies.

Same. Nothing like seeing freedom-fighters using a Garand. He even appeared to treat it rather well, no tossing it around or such sloppiness. Remember when he meets the evil guy from the other city? He set it down nicely, didn't toss it aside.