Author Topic: call me crazy...  (Read 3115 times)

spacemanspiff

call me crazy...
« on: April 22, 2005, 01:59:19 PM »
http://www.ctv.ca/generic/WebSpecials/new_pope/pope_benedictXVI/image07.html

but am i the only one that thinks the new pope has a dastardly look? theres something about his eyes that creeps me out.

its weird. sometimes i'll see a person and the voice in the back of my head screams 'Evil!!!' for example there was this one old lady that worked a few floors down from me, and the way she smiled looked positively demonic. beady little eyes with perfectly symmetrical teeth. course, i could just be thinking that cause she bathed in this nasty perfume, you know, the kind all grandmothers wear?
Wear a Yellow Armband!

theCZ

• friend
    • http://www.hunewill.com
call me crazy...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 02:15:40 PM »
He looks like he should be the guy in the video game that turns on you some point in the middle/end and you have to fight him as a boss.  My roomate just got done playing Resident Evil 4 on his gamecube (excellent game btw) and I am seeing zombies again!  I guess he could also be the kind of character that you deal with that just looks suspicious and then it ends up he's working for the bad guys.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
call me crazy...
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
Oh man.
My friend sent me about 300 links contemplating this exact idea.
Mostly on YTMD...comparing him to the emporer from SW.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Wildalaska

• friend
call me crazy...
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 02:46:58 PM »
Your crazy

WildunpersonAlaska
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
call me crazy...
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 06:10:05 PM »
You're not crazy.  I got the same vibes.  Not sure why.  Something about the eyes
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Holly76201

call me crazy...
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 07:01:04 PM »
Dadgumit! Wild Alaska beat me to it!!
Veni, Vidi, Vivisecti

FUR IS MURDER to clean

spacemanspiff

call me crazy...
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 07:06:08 PM »
yeah but anything sounds better when a chick says it.

Smiley
Wear a Yellow Armband!

Holly76201

call me crazy...
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 07:29:47 PM »
Spiff, you just made my day!
Veni, Vidi, Vivisecti

FUR IS MURDER to clean

spacemanspiff

call me crazy...
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 09:27:27 PM »
heh. though i am a bit disappointed with you holly. you should have berated WA for using improper grammar.

its "you're", not "your".
Wear a Yellow Armband!

HForrest

call me crazy...
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2005, 09:55:17 PM »
Okay, thank you everyone. I knew I couldn't have been the only one who saw that in him. I don't like his look. Honestly (not being a member of the church but still realizing the impact the pope has on the world), I don't think I like this guy. Although I disagreed with him on countless issues, I know John Paul did some great things for the world. I believe he was a good person. I just dunno about this new guy.

Schuey2002

• friend
call me crazy...
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2005, 10:07:48 PM »
He may turn out to be a great Pope, and I truly hope that he does. I just keep getting this strange feeling that he could one day turn to the faithless and proclaim..

"I am NOT who you think that I am."

BillBlank

• friend
call me crazy...
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2005, 12:42:45 AM »
You aren't the only one Spiff, Paul Merton spent all of last nights "Have I got news for you" (British satirical topical news quiz show. Been running for 15 years?) going on about "his Killer Eyes" and inferring that he resembled one of those action figures who's eyes turn red and horns pop out.

Maybe there's something in it?
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...

Warbow

• friend
call me crazy...
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2005, 01:59:29 AM »
Same here. Some of the photos of him kind of creeped me out.

But I'm not worried about creepy looks. I don't believe great "evil" would reveal itself in such a way. In fact, I think it would be the opposite and great "evil" would appear to us as very friendly and comforting to look upon.

Plus he is reported to have been very close to John Paul II and expected to carry on along John Paul II's path.

USP45usp

• friend
call me crazy...
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2005, 08:39:01 AM »
*not to start a bashing spree or insulting Catholics*

I have never felt comfortable with the "Church".  It mirrors Revelations to much for my taste.  I assure you that I am completely biased in my opinion from my own reading, asking, and research.  So therefore this is just my opinion.

Wayne

grampster

• friend
call me crazy...
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2005, 10:25:54 AM »
Errr...should we not judge a man by his deeds not his looks?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Wildalaska

• friend
call me crazy...
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2005, 10:59:48 PM »
Yep wasnt reinhardt heydrich a handsome guy in a nordic thuggy way?
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
call me crazy...
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2005, 06:29:57 PM »
Quote from: grampster
Errr...should we not judge a man by his deeds not his looks?
You are probably right, Grampster.   His membership in the Hitler Youth is fairly well known. His activities as prefect for the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith have not endeared me either.  (He has been indifferent at best regarding the child molesting priests.)

He does not support the US War in Iraq, rejects the idea that divorced people can remarry, condemns Rock and Roll, believes condoms are "facilitation of evil", etc.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
call me crazy...
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2005, 05:34:49 AM »
He just looks like an old man, loss of skin memory and muscle tone.. your crazy!

Lots of old people look like mad evil people doesn't mean they are.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

call me crazy...
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2005, 02:39:19 AM »
Quote from: RevDisk
His membership in the Hitler Youth is fairly well known.
Just a shame that it isnt equally well known that he was 14 years old and that membership in the Hitler Youth was compulsory at the time, nor is it widely noted that he deserted during his conscription. Not that any of this actually matters.

His stance isnt really all that different from the existing stance of the church. He did upset a lot of people when he said that they Jewish scriptures only reached fulfilment with the inclusion Christ. Which I think is a nice way of saying that you need to accept Jesus to go to heaven. And really i would expect that sort of statement from the head of the Catholic Church. And its a lot kinder that what a LOT of Christian religious leaders have to say about the Jewish faith.

I don't really see him as much of a change. I guess some people were expecting the Catholic church to suddenly turn into Unitarians or something. I actually find it kind of amusing that people are talking about a Catholic Pope as being too conservative. Being conservative is his job.