Author Topic: What is Firefly?  (Read 14046 times)

Silver Bullet

• friend
Re: What is Firefly?
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2007, 06:49:34 PM »
I actually started that one.

Maybe my favorite Firefly thread; shiny !

A few days ago the Collectors Edition of Serenity went on sale.  Same as the first Serenity DVD, but with about 60 more minute of extra special features, plus optional commentary from several of the actors during the movie.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2007, 08:39:22 PM »
I love Firefly and Serenity. I own the older version of Serenity... must by the new one. Cheesy

On the topic of if there is an anti-Christian bias. I am surprised that no one pointed out how River also went crazy about how it was impossible for Books hair to be poofed out like it was. I thought that that was showing how she wasn't able to fully grasp things, which would include the Bible.

Just did a look up on wiki and found this interesting,
A three-issue comic book miniseries titled Serenity: Those Left Behind was written by Joss Whedon and Brett Matthews, illustrated by Will Conrad and Laura Martin, and published by Dark Horse Comics. It serves as a link between the final episode of the series ("Objects in Space") and the film Serenity. Each issue featured three different covers, depicting one of the nine main characters. In turn, each version had a different illustrator, including Joe Quesada, Bryan Hitch, Tim Bradstreet, John Cassaday and Jo Chen. The first issue was published in July 2005, and the final one appeared in September of the same year. The story focuses on the crew of Serenity taking a salvage job from Badger following a botched theft on a backwater planet, and the pursuit of River by the ominous blue-gloved men. The story is considered part of the Firefly canon and bridges the television show and the movie. The comics quickly sold out on release and both #1 and #2 issues went to second printings. A compilation trade paperback was released in January 2006.

It has been recently confirmed that Joss Whedon will re team with Brett Matthews to write Serenity: Better Days for Dark Horse comics to be released in the fall of 2007 as we see what happens when a heist goes right and the crew finds themselves on easy street. "This new story will take place in the 'Firefly' years i.e., everyone's alive," says Whedon. "Basically, they pull off a heist and everything doesn't go completely wrong. This, needless to say, has never happened, and it's about how they deal with success."[cite this quote]

I thought that this was pretty funny,
"Basically, they pull off a heist and everything doesn't go completely wrong. This, needless to say, has never happened, and it's about how they deal with success."
lol
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2007, 09:20:59 AM »
Those Left Behind is intended to fill some of the gap between Object in Space and the movie.  Interestingly, it features Dobson, the Alliance agent they shot and threw overboard in the pilot episode.  From his face, I'd say that Mal shot him through his right eye in the pilot episode.  And, he appears to be carrying a grudge over it.   smiley

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2007, 02:28:14 PM »
Was looking up Eagles vids on YouTube and found this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSDqT3z0vsM Cheesy
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic