Author Topic: I had no idea the census bureau was this bad  (Read 4640 times)

Soybomb

Re: I had no idea the census bureau was this bad
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 11:05:27 AM »
Thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing my house rep's response.  He does get more credit than Durbin since he is closer to answering my question, although he still completely disregards my questions regarding data loss and data theft.  It makes you realize that your representatives no longer really listen to their constituents but are off on auto pilot and you get to pick the one you dislike the least.  I'm awaiting obama's response, maybe it will be better.  rolleyes

The American Community Survey is a legitimate survey that is being sent out throughout the decade by the Census Bureau.  The goal is to keep better
statistical information in between each decennial census, and reduce the need for the long forms to be sent during the upcoming 2010 count.

If this is the survey that they are discussing, please have them verify that they are from the Census Bureau before giving them information over the
telephone.  If they will not send you another copy of the survey they want your responses to, then please contact my office as soon as possible and we can call
the Census on your behalf to ensure that you have been selected for a survey.

Once you get the copy of the American Community Survey, I know that some of the questions seem personal, but let me assure you that the Census Bureau
closely guards the information you submit and only releases it as part of overall statistics gathered by your response to each question.  No personal
information will ever be released.  They use your responses to monitor traffic patterns, population growth, and other pertinent information that may help to
determine federal investments in your community.

If you would like to find out more about the American Community Survey, please visit www.census.gov or contact Rodney Davis in my Springfield office
at 217-492-5090 or via email at rodney.davis@mail.house.gov.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 11:07:39 AM »
"Are you classified as human?"

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 11:31:49 AM »
"Are you classified as human?"

"Negative, I am a meat popsicle."

Supergreen!

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2007, 12:43:47 PM »
I think there was a Supreme Court case a few years ago on the subject of sampling.  IIRC, the result was that the Court told them to count--sampling was not constitutionally acceptable.

IIRC the Dem's wanted to "estimate" the numbers in urban areas where people distrustful of giving that information to the government. I think they were just trying to get more funding for their districts or something.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2007, 01:45:42 PM »
Quote from: soybomb
Thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing my house rep's response.  He does get more credit than Durbin since he is closer to answering my question, although he still completely disregards my questions regarding data loss and data theft.  It makes you realize that your representatives no longer really listen to their constituents but are off on auto pilot and you get to pick the one you dislike the least.

He didn't disregard your question -- he has staff to do that for him. You don't think our representatives in Washington actually read their mail, do you? The staff opens it, scans it, checks off a box on a form to help track how many letters they've received on that issue, and they pick the appropriate canned response for The Man to sign.

The process is on auto pilot, all right, but it doesn't need The Man to set it in motion.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design