Author Topic: Canadian G20 Protestors  (Read 8467 times)

freakazoid

• friend
Re: Canadian G20 Protestors
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 07:34:10 PM »
no i am disputing the "provacateur " claim

So they are not provocateurs simply because they did not succeed?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »
walking around wearing the uniform of the day for "individualists " does not make you a provocateur. instigating an action  planning one suggesting one would.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

taurusowner

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2010, 11:04:04 PM »
I remember watching a video of the black bloc riots from 96(?) in my academy class on civil disturbances.  I hate to say it guys, but with the economy going down the tubes and social responsibility being essentially nil these days, plan for this kind of crop on a national scale.  Keep your powder dry.  There's only so much your average ticket-writer can do.  We can't be everywhere and when true national upheaval happens, it's gonna be on individuals to keep their bodies, families, and property intact.  Think Korean.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »
Ummm. . . maybe some of the claims have been exaggerated?  I saw the videos, yea there are some lunatic's rioting but when the police are showing off foam swords and neutered arrows from fantasy role players, and other items from unrelated incidents it makes them look a bit foolish and perhaps a bit dishonest.

In addition to the arrows – which Mr. Barrett made safe for live-action role playing by cutting off the pointy ends and attaching a bit of pool noodle covered in socks – police displayed his metal body armour, foam shields and several clubs made of plastic tubing covered with foam and fabric.

Mr. Barrett said he was “appalled” at the placement of his chain-mail beneath a machete. He regularly takes public transit from his Whitby, Ont., home to Centennial Park to play the game, called Amtgard, while wearing the 85-pound armour and is worried people will think: “Oh my God, that’s one of the terrorists from G20.”

Police also displayed a crossbow and chainsaw seized in an incident on Friday that they said had no ties to the summit. When asked, Chief Blair acknowledged they were unrelated, but said “everything else” had been confiscated from demonstrators.

On Wednesday, however, Michael Went and Doug Kerr e-mailed a letter to Chief Blair saying their bamboo poles may have been included in the exhibit. As they headed to a picnic to commemorate the 1969 Stonewall riots on Sunday morning, police seized seven or eight of the long poles, citing the G20 summit. The couple had planned to use the poles to fly a rainbow flag and decorate the park.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto/weapons-seized-in-g20-arrests-put-on-display/article1622761/