Author Topic: Holiday weekend, that means its time for the plumbing to back up  (Read 8492 times)

Azrael256

• friend
Re: Holiday weekend, that means its time for the plumbing to back up
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 12:11:35 AM »
If you showered more than once a week it might not be such a problem.

And my kitchen sink blew up, too.

That's a disposal and a clog in two days.  The disposal was just bad luck.  It rusted out and then shorted, and then the magic smoke escaped.  I think the clog might be related.  The Binford 6100 Brick-Shredding Badass Disposal Of Awesomeness I put in (1hp Waste King that sounds like a 757 when they hit the throttle for takeoff) pushes a good bit more pressure down the drainpipe and may have dislodged something.  I snaked it about 20' and couldn't find anything, but the drain clearing bladder blew whatever it was right out.  Best $12 I've ever spent.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:17:30 AM by Azrael256 »

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
Nope, a little baby oil down the drain and the water doesn't evaporate.
Is it made from real babies?
"It's good, though..."

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 10:09:31 AM »
Nope, a little baby oil down the drain and the water doesn't evaporate.

On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 07:33:26 PM »
Two words: Drain King

They rock.  If you have a really good hardware store or plumbing supply, check those, as you can usually get individual Drain Kings for $6-8 each.  There's also a set that includes faucet adapters, but if you need it near the washing machine, you've already got a hose hookup available.  For a drain with a recurring problem, I'd get a good quality (brass - we just got done Shop-Vacing the laundry room thanks to a plastic fitting) valved Y adapter to install at the washer's cold supply and leave the DK hooked up ready to go all the time.