Author Topic: I shall wrap myself in a spreadsheet.  (Read 3842 times)

Waitone

• friend
Re: I shall wrap myself in a spreadsheet.
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 10:16:51 PM »
I break out in a bad twitch just thinking about fortran.  Bad, bad memories.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 10:34:12 PM »
Am I the only one who was afraid we'd end up seeing fistful wearing nothing but a spreadsheet?.....  :O
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 11:47:58 AM »
Am I the only one who was afraid we'd end up seeing fistful wearing nothing but a spreadsheet?.....  :O

To cover up his "bits" ?  :D

(British term, there)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 12:01:03 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2009, 10:12:36 AM »

Afraid? Maybe. :D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner