Author Topic: Rules for Kickin' ass for the Non-Military  (Read 3848 times)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Rules for Kickin' ass for the Non-Military
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:57:46 PM »
 Dear  Civilians, 'We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the
military.

For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

1.  The next time you see any adults talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem- kick their ass.

2.  When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest - kick their ass.

3.  Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of  respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing
otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second.
Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.

4.  If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be 'Special Forces'. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

5.  Next time you come across an *Air Force* member, do not ask them, 'Do you fly a  jet?' Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot.  Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).

6.  If you witness someone calling the Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake - and kick their ass.

7.  Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the  military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

9.  'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me - stop  saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore would kick your ass!

10.  'Flyboy' (*Air Force*), 'Jarhead' (*Marines*), 'Grunt' (*Army*), 'Squid' (*Navy*), 'Puddle Jumpers'(*Coast Guard*),  etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other.   Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. Using them could get your ass kicked.

11.  Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.

12.  It's the Veteran, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.

It's the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

It's the Veteran, not the community organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

It's  the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.

AND ONE MORE:

13.  If you ever see anyone singing the national anthem in Spanish  - KICK THEIR ass.

ONE  LAST THING:
If you got this email and didn't pass it on - guess what - you deserve to get your ass kicked
Avoid cliches like the plague!

dm1333

• friend
Re: Rules for Kickin' ass for the Non-Military
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 06:36:53 PM »
In regards to number 10 we prefer the term "puddle pirates".   =D  After all if it wasn't for us all Navy babies would be ugly!!!!!!!  [popcorn]

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 07:22:55 PM »
4.  If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be 'Special Forces'. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

=|  Yeah, pretending is brain dead, but I hope's he not forbidding civilians to wear BDUs or collect bayonets. Is he?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:26:24 PM »
I used to have some old army shirts (both OD and camo) that were so comfortable that I literally wore them down to the threads.

Got them at a thrift store or something...  that was back in my dirt poor logging days.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:42:16 PM »
When I see a scruffy-looking guy in cammies (BDU pants are the most common sight around here), I don't assume they're not a vet.  If they aren't, then I might think they're a little goofy, but I keep my opinion to myself.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 07:47:10 PM »
Back in the late 1970s in Alaska, GI surplus wool pants were really popular with outdoorspersons and bush people.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 08:06:08 PM »
I still have my Corcorans...
Blog under construction

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 09:31:59 PM »
I still have my Corcorans...
But I'll bet they didn't come from Dan's Army Surplus....

God Bless All Our Military!

Stay safe.

Bob
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:40:18 PM by Bob F. »
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 10:58:53 PM »
As an eight-year Marine infantry vet, I say wear the cammies if you like 'em.

Just take the damn insignia off first.
D. R. ZINN

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 12:21:51 AM »

7.  Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the  military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her - of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

As an eight-year Marine infantry vet, I say wear the cammies if you like 'em.

Just take the damn insignia off first.

Yeah, no kidding. Personally I find the pants more comfortable than jeans and other common civi-wear.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 06:23:26 AM »
I think they're refering to those who wear the uniform and spout BS about their .mil experience. I mean, I don't care if you're turkey hunting or not, if you weren't in the .mil you can't wear camo. nuff said...  :P

=D

(BTW, I knew that one would get a few comments here.  ;) )

280plus

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 07:16:40 AM »
Oh, that was sent to me by a real live been knee deep in the **** VN vet and has the PTSD to prove it. He claims his specialty is knives. So I sent it along not because I thought he'd kick my ass but the thought that I might wake up to the sound of my throat being cut.  :facepalm:  =D

:lol:

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 08:28:55 AM »
4.  If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be 'Special Forces'. Collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old, now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.
I bought a plain USGI field jacket (not camo) at a surplus store for cheap, wore the heck out of it, still have it & wear it for yard work in chilly weather. (Not much of that now that I'm in TX.) Never wore any insignia on any of my clothes . . . at least after I turned 8.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:56:16 PM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 08:40:21 AM »
It's pretty rough to see a grade-schooler get busted down to buck private, but it sounds like you took it in stride.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!