Author Topic: Al Franken: more to the story  (Read 1048 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Al Franken: more to the story
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 07:43:07 PM »
https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2019/07/23/40832691/did-al-franken-get-screwed?fbclid=IwAR0sVgborz1q2s-v4NPKs8mtTnULmlSYilgMqlRiyiNDivGpd4gCYENEmhY

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/29/the-case-of-al-franken

There is much more to the case of Al Franken than originally reported.

Yes. While at the shooting range this afternoon, I saw a panel discussion. One of the panelists (none of whom I recognized) was one of those arguing that Franken should have received due process. "Then he should have been booted, because he was guilty. I've spoken with other women who were subjected to similar conduct by him. The only issue is that he resigned before due process could prove his guilt."

This was from one of the panelists who wasn't trying to hang him ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 09:24:28 PM »
For some odd reason I just can't seem to generate one iota of sympathy for the "man".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 10:43:37 PM »
Really only serves to remind me how useless of a human Gillibrand is.

And how come we never get a real investigation of vote fraud since Franken came in in an egregious case of keep counting until we get the right results. No early voting, restrict absentee ballots heavily, purple dye the fingers like the sgithole countries that can actually run an election, and oh yeah, prove you are who you say you are.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 10:58:37 PM »
at least he is sleeping in the bed he helped to make.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 08:03:41 AM »
at least he is sleeping in the bed he helped to make.

Yup.

I (and it's partially a generational thing, probably) could argue that Franken, and Biden too, haven't done anything that we know of that should cause them to be run out of town on a rail regarding their behavior*. However, IMO, they deserve getting "me-too'd" simply because of their big mouths regarding running other guys out of town on a rail for far less "offensive" behavior.

After Kavanaugh, I have become far less interested in "fairness" regarding anyone who supports "me too".

*You can argue that Franken was being a sophomoric High Schooler, but I'm not sure he did anything that deserves being categorized into the "predator" column. Biden is just one of those older "hands-on" guys. Thirty years ago, no one would have batted an eye. Now he's a predator too.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »
Welcome to the world you helped create Al.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 09:42:48 AM »
I don't know if Al Franken did anything else, but this photograph alone appears to demonstrate he is a horrible man:

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 11:15:09 AM »
Her comrades should have bitch slapped him for that, at least figuratively.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams