Author Topic: HI politicians gets some first hand feedback from his constituents.  (Read 1416 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Make sure you don't mention a woodchipper or we'll be getting subpoenas.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: HI politicians gets some first hand feedback from his constituents.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 02:33:38 PM »
Could not happen to a nicer guy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Make sure you don't mention a woodchipper or we'll be getting subpoenas.

Naval stores are OK, though.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
I spent a few days and nights in Waikiki last year. Its a big city with big city problems sort of.
They are more homeless people there then I have seen before. They seem to be very quiet and don't actively beg.
But once it became night there were even more showing up on the sidewalk near the beach. Its like playing frogger around them all.
They cling to the "all beaches are open to anyone" thing to keep up there game.
Its a nice place to be homeless but they do need to start finding out where they are from, crate them up and return them. Not one I saw was native looking.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
^^^Back when I was running the captive malpractice risk retention group, we were domiciled in Hawaii.  The Hawaii insurance code requires an annual meeting of the RRG Board to be held in Hawaii, so I went to Honolulu six years in a row.  I was flabbergasted by the sheer number of homeless in Honolulu, and this is coming from Seattle, which has a pretty good homeless population.   My Hawaii colleagues told me that most of them were from the Mainland and were drawn to Hawaii by the weather.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
If you're homeless. how do you afford passage to Hawaii? Is NY shipping its homeless population up there or something?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
If you're homeless. how do you afford passage to Hawaii? Is NY shipping its homeless population up there or something?

Absolutely, yes. NYC does in fact give homeless one way tickets. Even flying them out of the country is a tiny fraction of the cost of services. Allegedly, they do employ a bit of common sense and it's a generally one time deal.

Hawaii doesn't want to pay for the expensive flights, apparently not realizing that one ER visit without insurance would easily be more expensive than flying several dozen folks back home.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Absolutely, yes. NYC does in fact give homeless one way tickets. Even flying them out of the country is a tiny fraction of the cost of services. Allegedly, they do employ a bit of common sense and it's a generally one time deal.

Hawaii doesn't want to pay for the expensive flights, apparently not realizing that one ER visit without insurance would easily be more expensive than flying several dozen folks back home.
Flights? Load the on a bus, lock the door and put it on a roro ship. Should only take a day or 2 to commifornia.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

erictank

• friends
Flights? Load the on a bus, lock the door and put it on a roro ship. Should only take a day or 2 to commifornia.

3500 miles divided by 15 knots... that's 205 hours travel time, or more than 8 days assuming you've got a roro that can do 15 knots sustained over that period. At 10, which may be a more-realistic figure, you're looking at a little over 308 hours, or nearly 13 days.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: HI politicians gets some first hand feedback from his constituents.
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 09:09:09 AM »
3500 miles divided by 15 knots... that's 205 hours travel time, or more than 8 days assuming you've got a roro that can do 15 knots sustained over that period. At 10, which may be a more-realistic figure, you're looking at a little over 308 hours, or nearly 13 days.

Meh, I would be happy if they just used shipping containers that can be hosed out at the destination.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton