Main Forums > The Roundtable

Pocket PCs

<< < (2/2)

client32:
I've had both the Palm and Pocket PCs for work over the years.  I'm a fan of the Pocket PC.
That is probably based on what I have done with it.  The only problems I have had with it are some of the third party apps, but you get the same thing with the Palm.  Either don't install some random free un-maintained application, or backup before you do.

I don't know what you want to do with it, but last I looked the Dell Axiom and the HP iPaq are both pretty expandable.
If it turns out not to be for you, sell it on eBay and take a loss. (or claim it is demonic and make money)

If you have a busy schedule and are never in the office, one of the Pocket PC phones can be cool.  The office however does need exchange in the background to get the most out of these.  
http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/cell-phones.jsp?q_isPrepaid=false&q_targeter=PDA&source=INC230056&q_deviceId=cdsku9870111&WT.svl=img
http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/PhonesAccessories/PhoneDetails.jsp?navLocator=%7Cshop%7CphonesAccessories%7CpdaPhones%7C&selectSkuId=sprintppc6700&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1476427&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_SCID=ECOMM&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_PCode=None&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_cartState=group&bmUID=1148506728788

J.J.:
I have a nice dell axim x51v.

I listen to mp3's with it.  Watch movies, read books, and use the calender function often.

I need to replace the screen since it didn't survive a 2ft drop to the floor.  (I guess it landed just right or wrong)  Other than that I love mine. Ohh yeah I have gps so i never get lost..as often....

Gewehr98:
Still using a relic here, a Samsung I-300 Palm cellphone.  I've almost worn the darned thing out, I find it handy because it's synchronized with my Outlook contact list, and I've loaded all sorts of neat software onto it, including a nice ballistics utility.  As soon as it finally gives up the ghost, I'll either find a spare from eBay, or get a newer, more compact version.  The only thing I don't like about it is the fact my wife can text message me.  I wish she'd never discovered that function.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version