Author Topic: Amputate Your Legs, Get $1.3 Million (or not)  (Read 193 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Amputate Your Legs, Get $1.3 Million (or not)
« on: March 21, 2024, 09:46:35 AM »
Unlike the headline, it appears to really just be his feet, which though I'm not an expert, almost seems worse. I know there are very functional leg prosthetics, but I've not heard of foot prosthetics or how functional they might be.

At any rate, so much stupid here. The story said he got his "frostbite" in the vicinity of Taipei, which would seem kind of difficult to do, given the climate. Lots of other mistakes that google could have helped him avoid.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/student-persuaded-friend-legs-amputated-071127867.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Amputate Your Legs, Get $1.3 Million (or not)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 10:04:03 AM »
Based on the level of intelligence demonstrated, I can't help but wonder if his parents were closely related to one another . . . or if he was dropped on his head as a child.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 10:09:20 AM »
Should have gone for the head
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 11:19:13 AM »
The Criminal Investigation Bureau said the man soaked his feet for 10 hours in dry ice to get frostbite.
That ain't enough money to even consider doing that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 11:49:52 AM »
That ain't enough money to even consider doing that.
Frostbite would happen in minutes at most if soaking your feet in a bucket of dry ice. For a 10 hour soak, I'd expect something along the lines of "feet were frozen solid."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

griz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 12:08:50 PM »
Here's a free tip for those victims unable to figure it out:  If somebody tells you that they can make you rich and all you have to do is get your feet cut off, and they haven't cut off their own feet, they're trying to make themselves rich at the expense of your feet.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 02:41:44 PM »

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 11:36:56 PM »
That's just sad and tragic. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 11:47:00 PM »
Sadly deficient in the friend choosing realm ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design