Author Topic: How About The Armed Part?  (Read 4401 times)

RJMcElwain

• friend
How About The Armed Part?
« on: February 27, 2007, 05:26:41 AM »
I'm new here, but I assumed from the name that this forum had at least some connection to guns. If so, does anyone have any shooting pictures. Here's one I took last spring.

I not too computer literate, so I hope I've done this picture thing right.

Bob
Robert J. McElwain
Practical Libertarian

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." ~Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950)

TarpleyG

• friend
Re: How About The Armed Part?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 06:06:39 AM »
Welcome.  APS (Armed Polite Society) is a spin-off of another gun forum called The High Road.  They set up this separate forum for casual banter that is not allowed on THR.  So, yes, we are gun people but this forum is for all that non-gun talk.

Greg

RJMcElwain

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 06:24:35 AM »
Welcome.  APS (Armed Polite Society) is a spin-off of another gun forum called The High Road.  They set up this separate forum for casual banter that is not allowed on THR.  So, yes, we are gun people but this forum is for all that non-gun talk.

Greg

Okay. I didn't know if was also a refuge from some of the "agressive" arguing that can occurr over there on the subject of guns.

This is good. My attempt at posting the picture didn't work too well anyway. There must be a secret code that I don't understand. smiley

Bob
Robert J. McElwain
Practical Libertarian

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." ~Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950)

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 06:26:40 AM »
Nah, your picture is fine.

That one sexy looking red X, let me tell you!!!

Oh, and we're not agressive.  Rabid and immature, maybe, but not agressive.

Except for that "Fistful" guy.  I'd watch him like a hawk.

One day at a time.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 07:00:54 AM »
Oh, and we're not agressive.  Rabid and immature, maybe, but not agressive.

Hey I resemble that remark.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RJMcElwain

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 07:12:44 AM »
Okay. So what did I do wrong with my picture? I copied the site between the two IMG thingies. grin

Bob
Robert J. McElwain
Practical Libertarian

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 07:23:49 AM »
Good question.  Lets see if we can figure it out.

OK, it looks like something to do with the way Google sets up its web page.  From your original post, the URL as seen by my brower is

"http://picasaweb.google.com/RJMcElwain/Firearms/photo?authkey=gU-Nvpd55uY#5005612526337889714"

While the url that works is:

"http://lh3.google.com/image/RJMcElwain/RXeCEmOdlbI/AAAAAAAAAuQ/yfEeRusYgSQ/100_2674.jpg&imgmax=640"

Which I got by directly copying the URL of the image from here:

"http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/viewPhoto?uname=RJMcElwain&aid=5005599890544102865&iid=5005612526337889714"

Why it works that way?  I have no idea.  I'm a Microbiologist damnit!  Not a web programmer. grin
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 08:02:22 AM »
Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor, not a...
One day at a time.

RJMcElwain

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 08:39:17 AM »
Yep. And I'm in finance, so what do I know about such things? Anyway, that last URL gets to the picture of Jerry Mucelik at Bianchi, which is what I was shooting for.

I guess I need to fiddle around with this thing some more.

Bob
Robert J. McElwain
Practical Libertarian

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 09:11:29 AM »
Thinking about this while washing the car a bit ago, it probably failed because your original URL points to the front end you see when logged onto the site AS you, and the image is linked into the page via a URL that points to a different file, that URL being captured when I right-clicked on the image and copied the address of the image.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

RJMcElwain

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 10:31:07 AM »
Let's see if that does it.

Yep. I think that gets it. Thank you.

Bob
Robert J. McElwain
Practical Libertarian

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 10:44:21 AM »
Still a red X for me.
One day at a time.

RJMcElwain

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 11:06:59 AM »
Still a red X for me.

I've got a real picture this time.

I think it's witchcraft. angel

Bob
Robert J. McElwain
Practical Libertarian

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 11:17:26 AM »
Still nothing for me either, not even a red X  (I'm so deprived of joy...*SNIFF*)

I think it's witchcraft

No, thats natural energies, lay lines and reverence to the Gods.  This is the relm of the electron, the laser and the equation.  AKA: The purview of the TechnoMage.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
Nope.

It's Fistful's fault.
One day at a time.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 11:24:06 AM »
{3in groups at 25ft, standing, no rest, metal sights, 9mm} is nothing to boast about photographically.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 11:24:34 AM »
Fistful AND Bush' fault. They conspire together quite a bit.  laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

RJMcElwain

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 11:56:25 AM »
Still nothing for me either, not even a red X  (I'm so deprived of joy...*SNIFF*)

I think it's witchcraft

No, thats natural energies, lay lines and reverence to the Gods.  This is the relm of the electron, the laser and the equation.  AKA: The purview of the TechnoMage.

Sindawe,

You're the one who told me how to do it right. You aren't messing with my mind now are you?  smiley Because there's very little to mess with.  laugh

Does anyone see the oversized picture further up in the thread? The second one is of the right size and I can see it. I'm sticking with witches.

Bob
Robert J. McElwain
Practical Libertarian

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 12:12:27 PM »
{3in groups at 25ft, standing, no rest, metal sights, 9mm} is nothing to boast about photographically.
Three inch groups at 25 feet is fairly good.  It wouldn't win a bullseye match, but it's gobs better than average cops and street thugs can manage with their 9mms.  It's certainly good enough to win a gunfight provided you can do it quickly and under pressure.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 12:18:02 PM »
Nope.

It's Fistful's fault.

Dude, leave me alone!  I'm not even in this thread. 

Oh wait.   undecided
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 12:55:49 PM »
All the other images in this thread are showing up as red X's, someone let me know if this works any better:

Edited: nope, isn't even showing up on my screen.  Blast google and their image hiding magic.

RJMcElwain

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 02:02:06 PM »
I don't understand..................I'm so confused.........................

And all my kids are computer whizzes.

Bob
Robert J. McElwain
Practical Libertarian

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 02:41:47 PM »
It could be my firewall at work-

I'm home and I see the 2nd pic.
One day at a time.

caseydog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 03:39:14 PM »
That site has a weird way of cataloging images , great for lookin at but poor for sharing.

Now if ya click the link http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/viewPhoto?uname=RJMcElwain&aid=5005599890544102865&iid=5005612526337889714

and then right click the image that comes up and look at the properties you get a different address , so if you use the address from the properties does it work ?

Ray
Be kind as you speak to others , they may be facing demons you are unaware of...

caseydog

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »
It worked on one load of this thread , then I refreshed and got a big placemarker with the red X ?? Seems it comes and goes.....
Be kind as you speak to others , they may be facing demons you are unaware of...