Main Forums > The Roundtable

You have some quiet time alone....how to spend it?

(1/4) > >>

Lee:
How would you spend an ideal evening alone (keep it clean)? Cleaning and or admiring your gun collection?  Sipping your favorite beverage...which is?  Reading a good book? Listening to a particular album/CD...who, which genre?  Watching a movie...War? Horror? Romance? Action? Educational? The news?  Working out?  Calling old friends on the phone?  In short- what keeps you sane?

I don't get much alone time.  When I do, I like to visit with the guns for a bit- then put them away and head to the family room with an icy glass of sippin vodka or whiskey, crank up some of my old favorite tunes.  This can vary from Classical to Led Zep to Merle Haggard.  Ocassionally, I put on some old jazz like Stan Getz and the Gilbertos, or Dave Brubeck, and mentally drift away to a different place and time.  I always wondered what it would have been like to hang out in Havana in the pre-Castro days, sippin rum, smoking Cubans, wearing a 1911, and keeping my eyes peeled for danger and/or opportunity.  What can I say - reality bores me sometimes haha.  How do you escape in place?

Happy Bob:
Books. I like books. Oh, and sometimes I go to the gun boards, and it looks like I'll come here to APS now, too.

Freedspeak:
Depends on the mood, might do a bit of reloading, might sit with the wife in front of a fire, we might clean/detail arms, or talk forms of politics (she can be a pistol!).

Usually lively discussion with freinds, or decent shows.

Taurus:
You said "Keep it clean"? You couldn't be more right. I don't clean the house during the daytime hours. Everything gets dusted, scrubbed, swept, and swiffered Friday nights. Like right now I'm cleaning house and in between post here or check out THR. That's usually my Friday nights. That's it! No I don't go out partying anymore like I once did a decade ago. I'm an introvert anyways .. couldn't hang in a dark, depressing, bar atmosphere with dimbos to the left of me bimbos to the right. I've considered book reading, but can't sit long enough to enjoy reading something. DIYer and cleaner (always on the move) by second trade.

Old Fud:
I like to think I'm one of those people Dan Rather is afraid of.
I get into my ratty PJs, turn off every light in the house but the one right next to the computer, open a gatorade and read forums and blogs.

That's most quiet nights.

When I'm feeling antsy, theres an indoor range about 10 minutes from here that is open til midnight.
Fud

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version