Author Topic: Things are going nuts in Ecuador  (Read 1084 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: Things are going nuts in Ecuador
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2024, 01:02:24 PM »

I haven't seen any legitimate gov document or new story about asylum seekers getting a cell phone or bus ticket from Uncle Sugar. From states or local government is different, we do know that the state of Texas has been busing them to other cities, that is documented.

Cell Phones:
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/us/border-migrants-cell-phones-cec/index.html
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-giving-cell-phones-to-illegal-immigrants-to-track-and-check-in-with-them

Quote from: CNN Article linked above
The sudden chirping of a cell phone sent Joel bolting out of his seat.

He rushed to a purple backpack sitting behind him and opened the front pocket.

An alarm was sounding on the phone US immigration authorities had given him, and he knew he had to act fast.

He fumbled with the phone for several minutes, struggling to understand the app’s English-language instructions and follow its rules for snapping a selfie.

“Are they going to send me back to Cuba?” he asked, worried he’d be returned to the country he says he fled after facing police persecution.

Transportation:
https://www.dhs.gov/news/2023/04/27/fact-sheet-us-government-announces-sweeping-new-actions-manage-regional-migration
Quote from: DHHS Fact Sheet
DHS is significantly scaling up its air and ground transportation capabilities to quickly remove migrants when warranted or transport migrants to less-congested border sectors for further immigration enforcement proceedings

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2024, 02:05:12 PM »
test

-------------------------------------------------
Mods, Administrators and IT guys take note.

I was trying to post something in this Reply where I kept getting that server error I've seen before.  After diligent and scrupulous scientific fiddly farting around I discovered that apparently my use of "half"  + "-" + "serious" as one word was what triggered the error.  Apparently this combination of characters was a no-no for the server.  I cured the problem by changing that single hyphenated word into "halfway serious" and that got past the server blockage.

Mods, Administrators and IT guys take note.
-------------------------------------------------

There's no guarantee that if the people had guns they'd side with the .gov.  There's HUGE swaths of this world where organized crime is preferred by the normal folks to their government.

Some wit once published a halfway serious comparison between government and organized crime.  Telling similarity:  "They" (whichever) make the rules, you obey or get punished.

This could get interesting.  I assume the gangs don't have fighter planes and modern radar surveillance systems.  As they say, an AR is useless against an incoming rocket.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2024, 06:36:49 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2024, 06:32:03 PM »
BUMP  See above post (Reply # 26) post for staff information.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2024, 10:45:53 PM »
No *expletive deleted*it. Yet you're the one asking where my parents stayed.

Because you tend to express yourself in regard to immigration to the US that people have to experience what you parents did to be worthy of admission.

And how the hell can you say people are showing up for court dates when their court dates are 8 years out?

I shared current data with folks going to immigration court or have been to court. I guess your are telling me that future asylum seekers aren't going to court.

Your are deflecting and throwing so much bullshit around in this thread that it's worthless to have a conversation with you.

OK Boomer, no one said you have to reply to me.

Uranus is a gas giant.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2024, 10:29:59 AM »
no one said you have to reply to me.

Charby isn’t very good at following a conversation, tends to forget where he left the goalposts, and often takes hardline, emotion-based, controversial positions on issues of which he has limited understanding. Sometimes replying isn’t worth it.

I like that he helps bring some poorly represented views to APS, but it is unfortunate he represents them so poorly.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2024, 04:34:38 PM »
Delete my account.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2024, 06:46:14 PM »
Delete my account.

I'd rather you stay.  I don't want this place to be an echo chamber of identical ideas.