Author Topic: Anyone heard of Zofti?  (Read 554 times)

Cliffh

• friend
Anyone heard of Zofti?
« on: August 19, 2020, 10:36:32 PM »
I called home this afternoon at my break and DW told me she'd just bought me a new (to me) truck.  Anyway, that's a whole 'nother story.

In searching online for manuals for it I ran across a site I've never heard of called Zofti.  Since I'm hesitant to download from unknown websites, and the grammar on the page for the manual isn't quite right*, I thought I'd see if anyone's familiar with that site.

Here's a link to the manual:  https://en.zofti.com/dodge-ram-repair-service-manual/download

*I know, my grammar ain't all that great. 

Regolith

• friend
Re: Anyone heard of Zofti?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 11:49:33 PM »
I've not heard of it, but I do know my dad's computer got a virus from a similar site, and it was a PITA to remove. If they have you download anything that isn't a .pdf, like a special "viewer" program, run far away.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 07:47:30 AM »
It appears to be a primarily Spanish language site run by a media corporation in Argentina. The translation from Spanish to English could very well explain the grammar.  Grudemi (the parent org) has more of an internet presence but it's mostly Spanish, so I can't really tell you if it's good or not.

The one I looked at came as a pdf, and appears to be a straight black and white scan of the 2016 Mustang owners manual.

Probably pretty safe.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 08:12:15 AM »
Owners manual or some type of service manual?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 08:29:43 AM »
Download dodge RAM service and repair manual for free in pdf document ...

At 68mb it should be a fairly complete manual. 

Still have to search out/find an owners manual for the "how to make this happen" kind of stuff - like how to start/stop the 4 wheel drive, etc.  I'll check out eBay for that one, it'd be nice to have it on paper.  Or maybe it'll be with the truck; not sure how well I like this whole "buy it online" business....

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 09:28:37 AM »
If it's not with the truck, go to the mfg web site. Most automakers offer the owner's manual as a free download. Ford offers it in both PDF and as an HTML document.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB