Author Topic: When not to hit someone with a taser...  (Read 5020 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
When not to hit someone with a taser...
« on: July 20, 2009, 06:31:15 PM »
when they've been huffing gasoline...

From Aussieland...

"A man has burst into flames after being shot by a police Taser in Western Australia.

Police say they were trying to arrest the man for petrol sniffing at the Goldfields Aboriginal community of Warburton yesterday when he threatened them with a container of fuel and a cigarette lighter.

They say he ignored repeated requests to stop and was shot with the Taser, catching fire and suffering third degree burns to 10 per cent of his body.

Senior police say an investigation will determine if the Taser or the cigarette lighter is responsible for setting the man on fire."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: When not to hit someone with a taser...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 07:11:23 PM »
I dunno, sounds to me like the perfect time to taser someone.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
Petrol sniffing is a crime now?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 07:31:01 PM »
its part of the plan for oppression
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 07:39:29 PM »
Petrol sniffing is a crime now?

MicroBalrog, in Ohio it is. 

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2925

From above site:
(I) “Harmful intoxicant” does not include beer or intoxicating liquor but means any of the following:

(1) Any compound, mixture, preparation, or substance the gas, fumes, or vapor of which when inhaled can induce intoxication, excitement, giddiness, irrational behavior, depression, stupefaction, paralysis, unconsciousness, asphyxiation, or other harmful physiological effects, and includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:

(a) Any volatile organic solvent, plastic cement, model cement, fingernail polish remover, lacquer thinner, cleaning fluid, gasoline, or other preparation containing a volatile organic solvent;

(b) Any aerosol propellant;

(c) Any fluorocarbon refrigerant;

(d) Any anesthetic gas.

(2) Gamma Butyrolactone;

(3) 1,4 Butanediol.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 07:41:24 PM »
its part of the plan for oppression

I wouldn't say it counts as a plan when they've already implemented it.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 07:43:40 PM »
heck i'm inclined to agree with mb  i think huffing is just accelerated darwinism   damn shame these fools always seem to have kids though
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 07:46:16 PM »
Darwin was wrong.  I deal with people all day.  Theres no way he was right and all these people live.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 11:00:50 PM »
Natural selection has been thwarted by "civilized society". Society protects the terminally stupid and allows them to procreate thus passing on their "stupid gene" and fouling the gene pool.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 11:09:54 PM »
I'd highly recommend the aussie film "Samson & Delilah" for a look into the communities where this is happening.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 03:16:37 AM »
Rumor on the law enforcement front is that OC propellants are flammable, and that suspects who have been sprayed then shocked have gone FWUP.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

castle key

• friend
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 08:49:29 AM »
Rumor on the law enforcement front is that OC propellants are flammable, and that suspects who have been sprayed then shocked have gone FWUP.

We will soon be issued Tasers, however we must completely do away with OC spray. Apparently there is some truth to this.

I think the Taser is better than OC.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 10:48:48 AM »
You think a taser would be better for the situation your troops faced in that alley where they were gang rushed and had to put up an OC cloud to keep them away?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 11:11:08 AM »
You think a taser would be better for the situation your troops faced in that alley where they were gang rushed and had to put up an OC cloud to keep them away?
I would think that is what high capacity magazines are for. 

Maybe they should have sprayed him with fire extinguishers instead.  Or maybe just hit him with the fire extinguishers.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

castle key

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 11:48:48 AM »

Bad deal all around...no perfect solution.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 11:51:53 AM »
I would think that is what high capacity magazines are for. 

Maybe they should have sprayed him with fire extinguishers instead.  Or maybe just hit him with the fire extinguishers.

Or maybe just let him get on with killing his own brain cells without being molested by taser-wielding types. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 01:53:24 PM »

I'd think that OC was the best of all possible solutions given what was transpiring.

A full magazine would have made a bad situation a LOT worse.

On the other had, it probalby would have led to a lot of urban redevelopment grants being levied...

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 02:48:18 PM »
Few things are perfect.  However, there are varying degrees of suck.

One shot tazer, OC cloud.  If I'm gang rushed, the hell if I want one shot from a taser.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 03:04:46 PM »
Some are.  The safety video my buddy watched before he got sprayed showed that some brands look like WD40 when an ignition source is applied.  The First Defense (the company that put out the "safety" commercial) product he carries supposedly is not flammable.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »
Or maybe just let him get on with killing his own brain cells without being molested by taser-wielding types. 

That is not a politically-viable option. In the current political climate, we need to work with what we've got, JFRuser: which means the only viable choices are OC, batons, tazers, and - if you're feeling particularly libertarian - beating people up with fire extinguishers. The notion that maybe him killing his own brain cells was his own business is immature and extremist, so stop bringing it up already.

• friends
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2009, 07:49:47 PM »
if he could do it without making a mess it would be no problem. but they can't  so its our problem

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2009, 07:52:01 PM »
if he could do it without making a mess it would be no problem. but they can't  so its our problem

So many things this could apply to.

• friends
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 08:05:45 PM »
yup  shame folks make a mess

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 08:14:21 PM »
"It's not about the other guys, it's about you."

I've seen plenty of guys who did glue, gas, and other unpleasantries back when I was much once younger. The only mess most of them did was of their own lives. And their own lives were their own.

• friends
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »
The only mess most of them did was of their own lives. And their own lives were their own.

you weren't looking hard enough. those folks end up requiring a lotta care . and sadly they breed. i pity the kids