Author Topic: Dr Moody has a bad day (cool road rage video)  (Read 5025 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Dr Moody has a bad day (cool road rage video)
« on: November 11, 2007, 11:15:13 AM »
http://wcbstv.com/local/dentist.parking.rage.2.564640.html

SHOCK Video: Parking Rage Caught On Tape
 WHITE PLAINS (CBS) ― The CBS 2 HD Westchester crew was about to head out on a story Friday when the news found them. Just outside our bureau Dr. William Moody, a White Plains dentist, left his Mercedes to confront Luis Infante for blocking his access to a parking lot. Moody even forced his way into Infante's car as if to move it himself.

Not long after, fists -- and bodies -- started flying.

"He was saying bad words to me, then he spit in my face," Infante said "Twice."

Then Dr. Moody spotted CBS 2 HD photographer Chris Calarco. Reporter Tony Aiello warned Moody not to touch the camera, but to no avail.

Police were called to the scene after Moody smacked the camera twice. While they arrived, Moody confronted the driver's sister, pushing her to the ground.

Yolanda Infante is okay, but considering this incident came so soon after her father's death just Thursday night, she is shaken.

"I'm devastated," Yolanda Infante said. "Besides my father's death, this happened in this moment."

Renowned psychologist Dr. Joyce Brothers said this kind of anger may have been sparked by personal issues.

"Whatever is going on in his life, he's not succeeding in. This is his way of just getting the stress out of his system," Brothers said. "I wouldn't like to be a patient of his!"

Dr. Moody's dental practice is just down the hall from Yolanda Infante's office. She will be in court on Monday to seek an order of protection against him.

The dentist missed his Friday afternoon appointments. He was otherwise engaged with county police, who are preparing assault and harassment charges.

CBS 2 HD tried to get Dr. Moody's side of the story Friday night, but he never showed up at his Elmsford home.

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
Re: Dr Moody has a bad day
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 11:34:55 AM »
Dr Moody isn't used to not getting his way.
Lots of people do not realize that you do not have expectations of privacy on public streets.
Legally, the Camera man can charge him with assault.
However infante's sister did push him first, but Dr Moody assaulted Infante, couldn't that be considered car jacking?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Dr Moody has a bad day (cool road rage video)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 12:48:27 PM »
It seems pretty obvious the dentist is guilty of assault, and perhaps a few other things. 

But the reporting is even worse.  Asking for Joyce Brothers' opinion, and she can't give them any better sound bite than that?  They must really want to look stupid.  Then there's the bias before, during, and after the video is shown.  Plus the fact that they don't tell us how the situation developed.  Did he have a bad history with these folks already?  How long was he waiting there?  Why was the guy blocking the lot?   
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 04:05:19 PM »
Why was the guy blocking the lot? 
In my opinion, Infante is probably a jerk and has been asking for it for awhile, and when he got it , it was caught on tape.
I have felt the same way at times, but going off on the Camera man guarantees unfavorable news coverage.

Paddy

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 07:29:45 PM »
I'da smacked that !#%#@$$# upside the head with a baseball bat.

But that's just me. YMMV.

auschip

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 07:51:59 PM »
I'da smacked that @$#%@#$ upside the head with a baseball bat.

What? 

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 08:30:55 PM »
I'da smacked that @$%#$% upside the head with a baseball bat.

I'll assume RileyMc was using the "Chris Rock" definition of the word.
For those of you not familliar: (stolen from Wikipedia, and edited for my senses of decency.)
Essentially an eight-minute rant about behaviors that Rock sees within the black community; he describes "niggas" as a certain cohort whose behavior is usually detrimental to the image of other black people and embody many African-American stereotypes. He describes the condition succinctly as being a "low-expectation-havin' MF-er." The "niggas," he said, glorify ignorance and sloth, and show excessive pride for any bearing of token responsibility. Rock rejects the view that this image of African-Americans is purely cultivated by the media. In fact, he goes as far as to defend this point within the routine:

'Now, I see some black people looking at me: "Man, why you gotta say that? Why you gotta say that - it ain't us, it's the media. It ain't us, it's the media. The media has distorted our image to make us look bad, why must you come down on us like that, brother? It ain't us, it's the media." Please, cut [that stuff], okay. Okay? Okay? When I go to the money machine tonight, alright, I ain't looking over my back for the media: I'm looking for niggas!'

Honestly, the good doctor is lucky he didn't get shot.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 01:12:41 AM »
Riley-

No.

Not acceptable at all.

No way, no how, not on a forum that I moderate.
One day at a time.

atomd

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 05:38:09 AM »
 I wonder why the guy wouldn't move his car in the first place? Maybe he was there to pick up his sister from work, blocked the entrance, and wouldn't move. If that's the case he was asking for it. That dentist is a complete moron though. Not only is he going to have to miss more work to go to court, but these days people will sue for anything they can. That dumb move will probably cost him a fortune in the long run. He'll really have some fun when the judge sends him to anger management too.

One thing I can't stand is how news reporters are such a bunch of wussies. That guy yelling "that's assault!" needs to grow a pair. Of course they have the right to film that in public and they have the right to ask people whatever questions they want...I completely support that. It's just their attitude that bugs me I guess. If you're going to take the risk of jumping directly into harms way to make some money, don't cry if you get hit in the process. These "investigative" reporters think they are the police or something. You mess with the bull, you get the horns!

Here's a reporter that harassed some thieving scumbag until he got what was coming to him: http://www.ifilm.com/video/2769563. What a dummy.

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 04:13:27 PM »
wonder how the sisters protective order will work with doc attitude working in same building

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 06:56:28 PM »
I would have fought back, he might have taken a hard fall in the process.  However, no matter how much you wrinkle his nose, getting into his pocketbook from his own actions would probably leave a more indelible mark on the moron. 
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 06:15:56 AM »
Link to THR S&T post:
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=315757

What gunsmith wrote.

Folks like the Infantes operate on the assumption that they can inconvenience others, break laws, urinate on standards of behavior, etc. and everyone else will let them get away with it.

I am somewhat sympathetic to the dentist, as I live across the street from an elementary school.  Every school day, AM & PM, some series of knuckleheads "park" longways across the entrance of my driveway, despite:
1. It is illegal to park in front of a driveway
2. It is illegal to park so near a STOP sign (I live on the corner)
3. It is clearly marked "No Parking" with times posted from the corner to down past my property line
4. Doing so is obnoxious as hell

When this situation occurs and I must leave, I walk up to the driver's side window, knock, and ask them (politely) to move.  The usual response is, "No habla," with a shake of their head.  Sometimes they ignore me.

Then I pull out the "big guns:" the old lady crossing guard who wears the City of Richardson PD jacket.  She takes crap form no one.  I have seen her whack autos trying to edge into the crosswalk when kids are near.  She will first try to wave along the knucklehead blocking my drive.  Then, she'll come up and smack the auto's fender with her sign.  That is as far as she has had to go.

The dentist was foolish to try to teach the Infantes manners in today's day & age.  At best, he will be out tens of thousands of dollars.  He ought to have cooled his heels and perhaps made a 911 call describing the Infantes' actions and reporting their plate.  Perhaps adding that the drive they are blocking blocks ingress & egress to medical establishments would help prioritize the matter.

Unfortunately, there is no mechanism that will teach the Infantes that their behavior, too, was out of line and obnoxious.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 02:33:23 PM »
jfruser:

I agree 200% with what you wrote.
Unfortunately, I think the dentist went too far.  There are plenty of ways to deal with people creatively who are being excrementheads.

At a place I used to work, was a fellow who used to park his ?ber-expensive car in 2 parking spots.  This was in a lot that was already too small for the building.
The fact that I commonly worked odd hours (like 9am-9pmish) means I was usually screwed.  Sure, it might be childish, but most of the time I ended up parking in between him and the next car, as close to his driver side door as possible.  Yes, I'd have to exit out the sunroof to do so.

One of my favorite examples I observed completely by chance.  Yeah, it went a bit over the line, but it was great to watch. 
I was eating some lunch in a parking lot, waiting for a friend to get off work.  A young professional guy pulled his car into the handicapped spot (with no placquard).  As he was getting out, a HUGE, muscled guy (like Michael Clarke Duncan huge) was walking an old lady back to her car with groceries.  He took one look at the guy, and asked him, "Sir, are you handicapped?"
"uhh, no."
"Do you wanna be?"
he then got back in his car and moved.

"Do you
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 04:18:09 PM »
watch the second of the three videos  it doesn't support doctor attitudes story

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 06:46:25 AM »
I was eating some lunch in a parking lot, waiting for a friend to get off work.  A young professional guy pulled his car into the handicapped spot (with no placquard).  As he was getting out, a HUGE, muscled guy (like Michael Clarke Duncan huge) was walking an old lady back to her car with groceries.  He took one look at the guy, and asked him, "Sir, are you handicapped?"
"uhh, no."
"Do you wanna be?"
He then got back in his car and moved.

Priceless!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 06:55:48 AM »
They showed the part where he shoved the obnoxious broad to the ground over and over.

My guess is that the piece was edited to make the dentist look as bad as possible while making the others who were involved appear less offensive.

I can't excuse his behavior, but I bet the story as being told is seriously slanted.

Because the clip has been so obviously been edited to make the guy look so bad, I would want to see the unedited version before making a call on this one.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.